Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Anthony Horowitz: Tempted to write new Tintin - but only if asked!

jock123
#1 · Posted: 3 Nov 2014 19:12
Anthony Horowitz, noted author, and script-writer for the next, as yet secret, Tintin feature film, has been live Tweeting answers to questions sent in to him as part of an appearance on the BBC Radio 2 "Book Club" feature on the Simon Mayo Show.

Rather than get what I assume would have been an almost certain refusal to answer (or just no answer) if I'd asked him to divulge the albums to be used in the creation of his script, I posed a different question.

He is currently publicizing his new book about Conan Doyle's Moriarty, a sequel to his Sherlock Holmes novel, House of Silk, and is to be the next in the series of famous writers taking on the James Bond character.

So I submitted: "Having worked on the Tintin movie, and done new Holmes, would you write a new Tintin book if asked?"

To which I got the answer: "Well, I'd be seriously tempted. I'd love to finish Alpha Art!"

So there's food for thought, should Casterman be casting around for a name to continue the series! :-)
MT50446
#2 · Posted: 5 Nov 2014 07:16
Make it so!
I'd love that - a finish to Alpha-Art...
Come on Casterman, have a word!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!