Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Blake & Mortimer: France-Culture special broadcasts 27/28 December 2014, 3/4 January 2015

jock123
#1 · Posted: 28 Dec 2014 17:14
In the manner of the Tintin specials broadcast on French radio earlier this year, Philippe Garbit of France-Culture has compiled two nights dedicated to two "British" stars of Francophone comics, E.P. Jacobs's Professor Philip Blake and Captain Francis Mortimer.

Like the Tintin nights, a programme of interviews and documentaries have been interspersed with the broadcast of a vintage dramatization of one of the adventures in serial form - in this case the book is S.O.S. Météores.

The first special was last night, but can be found on the web for those who missed it; the second part is next weekend. I have not yet found one page on the France-Culture site which lists the running order (as there was for the Tintin nights), but it may be there somewhere (I find the BBC site hard enough to navigate in English; foreign radio stations seem to provide even more hurdles for me to manage!).

In the mean time, here's a listing on a Blake and Mortimer site.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 3 Jan 2015 15:31
Just a quick reminder that the second of the two specials dedicated to Blake and Mortimer and E.P. Jacobs is on during the night tonight on France-Culture - well worth catching if you can, if only for the radio adaptation of S.O.S. Météores!

And - and I know this will have been a cause of concern to you over the last week! - I have finally found the page dedicated to the programme last week on the France-Culture website! You can all stop worrying now, and let 2015 continue without further worry! :-)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!