Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

National Hockey League (NHL)

Jyrki21
#1 · Posted: 24 Nov 2004 04:27
MoonRocket wrote: living in southeastern Michigan ... Oh, yeah, I'm big on sports. Don't play 'em, but I watch them. Mostly hockey (but there isn't an NHL season this year...) and American football, with some baseball thrown in there every so often.

Boooo Red Wings! ;)

-J21, named after former Canuck Jyrki Lumme

--
[Moderator action: this post moved from 'Introduce yourself' thread.]
MoonRocket
#2 · Posted: 25 Nov 2004 17:25
Boooo Red Wings! ;)

Haha! I love the Canucks, too. Gotta love Brendan Morrison and Markus Naslund!!!
Jyrki21
#3 · Posted: 30 Nov 2004 05:00
Haha! I love the Canucks, too. Gotta love Brendan Morrison and Markus Naslund!!!

Markus Näslund is not only the man, but a really good person too, by all accounts. There are a couple of Swedes on this board who would agree too. :)

Brendo -- he's the one local boy on the team -- is busy tearing it up with Linköping in Sweden too!

Is Nicklas Lidström playing with anyone over there?

-J21
MoonRocket
#4 · Posted: 30 Nov 2004 20:45
Is Nicklas Lidstrom playing with anyone over there?

Nik Lidstrom is still in Michigan -- I'm not sure what he's been up to, but he and a bunch of NHLers will be playing in a charity game in my town on Thursday.

Brendo -- he's the one local boy on the team -- is busy tearing it up with Linkoping in Sweden too!

Bren's a U of M alumnus! I live where the University of Michigan is based -- Ann Arbor -- the best place for hockey in Michigan... now that there's a lockout...
Jyrki21
#5 · Posted: 1 Dec 2004 06:06
Bren's a U of M alumnus! I live where the University of Michigan is based -- Ann Arbor -- the best place for hockey in Michigan... now that there's a lockout...

Ah yes, I didn't even put two and two together... of course he won the Hobey Baker for you guys. Well, good for Pitt Meadows, BC, too!

Speaking of lockout deprivation, I'm somewhat annoyed that Toronto (where I live now, not far from you, even though I'm a Vancouverite and therefore hate all Toronto sports teams) lost its AHL team after only one season. I managed to see Manitoba (the Canucks' farm team) when they were in town last year, and it was far more exciting hockey than the NHL manages to put together these days.

But now all there is here is OHL hockey... one of these days I'll go.
MoonRocket
#6 · Posted: 1 Dec 2004 19:49
But now all there is here is OHL hockey... one of these days I'll go.

Yes, OHL -- I went to a Plymouth Whalers vs. Windsor Spitfires game a week ago, and surprisingly it is some excellent stuff. Quality play and of course quite a few fights! And at least around here the ticket prices are affordable, unlike the furtune the NHL charges.
Mikael Uhlin
#7 · Posted: 4 Dec 2004 18:10
Jyrki and Moonrocket, check out my site (URL in my presentation) for links to both Vancouver Canucks (with a lot of connections to Modo hockey) and the exciting story about London Lions, Detroit Red Wings European farm team in the 70s.

And thanks to the lockout, the Swedish league is bolstered with NHLers at the moment.
MoonRocket
#8 · Posted: 6 Dec 2004 00:39
Fascinating articles on the London Lions and the first version of Explorers on the Moon! I'll bet the Modo ones are great, too, but unfortunately, I don't know any Swedish!

Sweden is lucky, right now, with all those NHL players! We're missing it over here!!!
Jyrki21
#9 · Posted: 8 Dec 2004 04:44
Sweden is lucky, right now, with all those NHL players! We're missing it over here!!!

Well, if you're like me, you've picked a Swedish team to cheer on... go Linköping! (Brendan Morrison is playing for them, and he was tearing it up with Kristian Huselius until the latter got injured).

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!