Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin in Flemish: Look what my daughter bought me in Belgium!

bluetick
#1 · Posted: 23 Jun 2015 13:22
My daughter was in Belgium and bought this for me as a gift.

Moderator Note: Hi, bluetick! You have made a very cryptic post here...! The title of the post gives nothing away, and the image that you tried to post was a link to a file on the hard-drive of your computer, which doesn't work (you need to post it to an online album first - somewhere like Flikr or Facebook).

Let's see what your daughter gave you!

The Tintinologist Team
bluetick
#2 · Posted: 2 Jul 2015 12:34
My daughter got me a copy of Kuifje, De geheim van de eenhorn (The Secret of The Unicorn).

If someone could tell me how, I'd post a picture of it.

OK, after I post an image on Facebook, then how do I get it to my post here?

Modertor Note: Try the following steps, after you have uploaded your picture to Facebook:

1. Go to Facebook and log in.
2. If not already there, go to your personal page, rather than your timeline (the one with your banner and profile picture at the top).
3. From the options just below the banner, choose "Photos".
4. That should take you to a grid of pictures, with options for "Photos of You", "Your Photos" and "Albums" near the top. Choose the location of your picture.
5. Open you picture by double clicking it - it should open in a floating window.
6. Hover your mouse over the picture, and a menu bar will pop-up across the bottom of the image.
7. Third option from the right is "Options".
8. Click this, and you will get a pop-up list - select "Link".
9. A dialog box will appear, which contains a link that allows anyone to see the picture, regardless of whether or not they on Facebook themselves.
10. Copy the link.
11. Back here in the Tintinologist Forums, create a piece of text to be the basis of your link to the picture, and highlight as appropriate (e.g. If you put, "My daughter bought me this book", highlight "this book").
12. From the formatting buttons above the message box, choose the "Link" button (the icon of the globe and chain).
13. Another dialog box appears, headed "URL", and with a line of placeholder text highlighted. Just paste at this point, and the URL you copied from Facebook will replace the placeholder.
14. Click okay, and the highlighted text will now be formatted to act as button linking members to your picture.
15. Post your message.

That should do it!

The Tintinologist Team
bluetick
#3 · Posted: 2 Jul 2015 21:19
This is the book.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!