Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Please introduce yourself!

Page  Page 47 of 52:  « Previous  1  ...  46  47  48  ...  52  Next » 

carmella
#461 · Posted: 11 Jan 2015 02:45
FormulaFourteen:
Greetings from the USA and welcome!

Just curious, how is one named after Tintin in China?

Thanks!

Yes, her name is Chinese is just "Ding Ding" (the official translation of Tintin in Chinese). She is in England now; though she thinks the origin of her name is like a joke, she picked "Christine" as her English name to derive the nickname "Tintin". By the way, her cat is called "Milou"...
FormulaFourteen
#462 · Posted: 11 Jan 2015 06:27
carmella:
By the way, her cat is called "Milou"...

Marvelous!
Stanley Cubic
#463 · Posted: 19 Jan 2015 22:47
Hello, fellow Tintinologists.
I live in France and am a retired professor (I used to teach French language, literature, philosophy, general knowledge and computer sciences to science students aged 17 to 22).
Among my many readings, some comics have been major interests, mostly French, Belgian, Italian, and American classics.
Tintin has a special status, since I took my first reader's steps with Red Rackham's Treasure when I was five.
I am always very pleased to share and discover when Tintin is involved, and this website sounds very promising.
Although not the creative type, I found much inspiration in my favorite albums, both for written and graphic works. I wrote various studies and spin-off stories, and used many frames or strips for recreation. Of course, this has to remain private, but at least, fortunately, I can rely on my children and grandchildren.
I recently completed an extensive exploration of all the elements of Marlinspike Hall, and found it quite rewarding to give it a maximum of coherence. I don't know whether I should now use all the material for traditional (2D or 3D), or digital modelling.
Next project should be a scale model of a merry-go-round or carousel sporting vehicles from the Adventures.
Looking forward to exchanging opinions and ideas about our common interest.
Greetings from France,
Stanley Cubic, aka Jean-Luc Dewez.
jock123
#464 · Posted: 19 Jan 2015 23:03
Hello, and a very warm welcome to all our latest members - thank you for taking the time to join our community, and we look forward to hearing more from you all over the coming months!
frenchie46
#465 · Posted: 24 Feb 2015 18:11
Hi,
My name is Jonathan and I am French and a French teacher in Newcastle in the UK.
I always been a Tintin fan, however this passion seems to be becoming quickly an obsession. I bought books for my pupils and now looking to add to my existing collection.
I am not very familiar with the buying and selling process and valuation of books and looking for tintinologist to support me in my search.

All the best to everyone
Jonathan
WorldCinemalover_17
#466 · Posted: 8 Apr 2015 04:21
Hi Castafiore Emerald a.k.a. Queenie!

Hi, I'm Kyle too and also from the Philippines! Mabuhay ang mga Tintin fans dito as ating bansa lol (Long Live the Filipino Tintin fans here! for those who can't understand Filipino)

Guess I am not the only Tintin fan here in this country, anyways you should be called "Tintin" as well, you know, a very common nickname for Filipina girls.

I discovered him during the time I went to a local bookstore (National Bookstore Vito Cruz) and saw some Tintin hardcovers pero it's only an omnibus version..

Then after a few years, as a Whovian myself rediscovered him because of Tumblr fandom crossovers hahahaha :_)

Currently reading "Tintin in America" and "The Broken Ear" in which I got it from a indie bookstore in Manila for only $5. And also watched the Bernasconi Tintin cartoon series, do you already watch it? :)

Anyways, it's great to see a Filipino here in this group!
creativejournalist
#467 · Posted: 8 Jul 2015 14:05
Hi, fellow Tintinologists!

My friends call me Lexie and I'm from the Philippines. Nice to meet you all!

I'm a 22-year-old Creative, with Animation (and Character Design) and Illustration as my main fields of specialization. On the side note, I'm also a budding journalist of sorts. (hence the username)

I was first introduced to Tintin in elementary in a commercial feature of the Nelvana series in Cartoon Network, where he gets knocked out by a thug (it was a sneak peak from The Crab with the Golden Claws episode). Just after seeing the commercial, I got hooked to Tintin. I wasn't sure why I liked him that time, but I just did. Something about him compelled me. The fascination for Tintin grew more in college when I found the complete comic collection of the series in its art library (Tintin in the Congo and Tintin and the Alph-Art are not available), and appreciated the series not just for the fun of it, but for appreciation of Herge's successful works. Fascination grew to curiosity when I decided to study more about Tintin, with three volumes of The Art of Herge, Inventor of Tintin as my main source material for research. All in all, I've known the Belgian reporter for more than a decade.

Favorite book? I can't say that I can choose between The Blue Lotus, The Crab with the Golden Claws, Destination Moon, Explorers on the Moon, and Tintin in Tibet to be my favorite book.

Oh dear, I apologize for the wall of text. I guess I love the reporter this much.

I hope to hear from upcoming forums soon! I would want to know everyone's views on Tintin, and I can share whatever I can about him too!
Balthazar
#468 · Posted: 8 Jul 2015 18:18
Welcome to the forums, Lexie/creativejournalist, and a belated welcome to Kyle/WorldCinemalover_17 and Jonathan/frenchie46 too!
anujnaik
#469 · Posted: 28 Jul 2015 15:38
Hello friends! Nice to meet you all!
My name is Anuj Naik and I am 18 years old. I am Indian.
My love for Tintin started when I was 7 years old and first saw a cartoon film on him called 'Calculus Affair'. I later read the same book and I was awestruck by the drawings, the detailing as well as the plot. It also was the first comic book I read in my life and definately it is my favourite Tintin book. I have read all the Tintin books written by Herge starting from 'Land of Soviets' to 'Picaros'as well as 'Alph-art' and I own
5 books currently(Tintin in Tibet, Prisoners of Sun, Secret of Unicorn, Red Rackham's treasure, Destination Moon).I do apologise for the size of my post but I am just too happy to be a part of this forum
Balthazar
#470 · Posted: 28 Jul 2015 21:35
A warm welcome to the forums, Anuj Naik :)

anujnaik:
I do apologise for the size of my post but I am just too happy to be a part of this forum

No apologies necessary; many of us have written much lengthier (not to say ramblier!) posts than that!

Page  Page 47 of 52:  « Previous  1  ...  46  47  48  ...  52  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!