Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Do French Subtitles exist?

bibbygoodwin
#1 · Posted: 16 Aug 2015 17:24
I'm trying to improve my French by watching 'Les Aventures des Tintin' (the 21 episodes) in French, but I can only find English subtitles for them.
French subtitles would be a huge help, so that I could have a better understanding of the more complex French dialogue.
Does anyone know if any of the DVD versions came with subtitles in French? [Post edited for content by moderator]
Many thanks!

Moderator Note: Hi, and welcome to the forums! To avoid any trouble over issues of copyright, we can't have requests about where to obtain unofficial subtitle files. It keeps us out of trouble!
The Tintinologist Team
mct16
#2 · Posted: 17 Aug 2015 20:53
Your best bet would be to look on French shopping websites. There are many editions of this series, some with subtitles, some without.

Here is an omnibus edition which can be purchased via Amazon.co.uk. A review of it indicated that it includes French sub-titles.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 18 Aug 2015 14:11
I don't think that that set has subtitles - can't see the review you mention, mct16, but cross-checking against the Fnac site (which has more comprehensive details) they aren't listed. As Amazon has a habit of attaching review of the same product but in different versions - as if they were all the same - you need to take special care.
mct16
#4 · Posted: 18 Aug 2015 21:10
I got it from a review on a French blog. This review includes caps of the DVD menus where you can choose the sound and whether or not to have sub-titles ("sous-titres").

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!