Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Somerset House: Snowy Look-Alike Competition 10th Jan 2016

jock123
#1 · Posted: 14 Dec 2015 14:34
Just a quick heads-up to mention that I have heard it said the good folks behind the Tintin exhibition currently running at Somerset House in London are planning to celebrate Tintin & Snowy's birthday in some style.

I don't have details as yet, but the plan is that there will be a "Snowy Look Alike" competition.

If you have, or know of anyone with, a budding Boy Detective's helper and companion in canine form, then be sure to keep an eye out for further updates, as and when we get them!
Coenraad
#2 · Posted: 10 Jan 2016 17:53
When the artical said "Somerset House" I thought it was at the Cape.
I think it is great that Somerset House is celebrating Tintin and Snowy's birthday.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 16 Jan 2016 23:57
And the winner is...

...Jasper!

I'm sure we'd like to congratulate him, and his owner Roger Bines, on his success in the competition.

You can read an article about them here.
illustration inc
#4 · Posted: 17 Jan 2016 22:30
I must say Jasper is a pretty good Snowy! We are currently in the process of adopting a rescue saluki dog from Dubai and I'm doing my best to pick out the white ones as the most appropriate for us...

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!