Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Valuation Needed: 70th Anniversary Molin video set

serena
#1 · Posted: 11 Dec 2015 02:41
Sought after or not?
Could someone please tell me if this three story Mollin Video release of The Adventures of Tintin by Hergé, produced as a special 70th Anniversary (1929-1999) limited edition box-set, has any resale value, and if so, how much?

The three videos included are: Cigars of the Pharaoh, The Blue Lotus, and Tintin in Tibet.
The videos look hardly used or unused and the box is in great condition, apart from a tear on the top that could be glued down, and some small writing on the front that might come off.
The code on the bottom reads: TIN 051. The barcode is: 5 036403000519
Thanks in advance for your answer!
jock123
#2 · Posted: 19 Dec 2015 14:34
To be honest, it seems unlikely that it will be worth very much; the content is the same as the DVD versions, so they aren't sought after on that basis, and (as seems to be the case for the format in general) there doesn't seem to be much residual love for VHS as a format.

You might find someone who has a collection that they want to complete, but the question mark remains on how much they would want to pay, I'm afraid.
serena
#3 · Posted: 20 Dec 2015 19:35
jock123
Thanks! Not too worried as I am an op-shopper and only paid $3 for it.
Something good has come out of it, as I looked up Wikipedia, out of curiosity, about the adventures of Tintin, and am now a fan and am going to read the books!
I'm going to keep it in my bookcase as it looks nice and because I like the philosophy behind the books! Didn't know anything about Tintin before this!
There is some Tintin merchandise selling on trademe.co.nz It's a site where Kiwis and Aussies can buy and sell.
It's similar to eBay if you're interested in checking out collectibles.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 20 Dec 2015 22:37
serena:
Something good has come out of it, as I looked up Wikipedia, out of curiosity, about the adventures of Tintin, and am now a fan

Ah well! Welcome to Tintinology! :-)
serena:
There is some Tintin merchandise selling on trademe.co.nz

Thank you for the information - we've many members in both countries (icluding Irene, our trusty Admin).

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!