Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

"Asterix vsTintin": Can you read both?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

illustration inc
#11 · Posted: 5 Mar 2016 07:31
camperdown9:
I should say that I have only recently started to read Tintin, but that's totally different.
I love Tintin and am actually trying to stop myself from reading the complete series one after the other. I am not in a hurry to get to the last book.

Oh, how many of us here will no doubt envy you. To have Tintin adventures left to read..!
Karaboudjan
#12 · Posted: 19 May 2016 21:59
I enjoy both, but Tintin has the edge. I like Asterix's puns but the stories get repetitive after a while - they bash some Romans, they sink the pirates, they tie Cacofonix to a tree etc. There was a marked dip in quality when Goscinny died; we can only assume that as well as being the writer, he was the ideas man.
snowybella
#13 · Posted: 19 May 2017 02:43
I read both Tintin and Asterix, but I don't have the entire set of Asterix books and I'm usually seen reading Tintin. So yes, I can read both but I read Tintin more often.
Cedric
#14 · Posted: 18 Nov 2017 02:35
Back then I didn't realize how much Asterix is like Tintin!
Now I am starting to realize they are basically the same thing! It's so cool!
I sure do love when the Thom(p)sons appear in Asterix in Belgium, and when Asterix shouts why defeating Roman troopers "I am on Team tin tin!"
Dogmatix and Milou?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!