Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Valuation Wanted: Tintin Citime Watch from 1995

hueofblue
#1 · Posted: 14 Sep 2016 23:40
Found this watch in my basement the other day.
Tintin putting on his coat with Snowy at his feet. Purchase when I was in France.
Brown leather strap
Mint condition.
Limited series 1500
30mm

Found this one listed on eBay but not sure if it's an appropriate price?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 15 Sep 2016 00:30
I'm by no means an expert, but looking at how other Tintin watches have sold on eBay recently, this seems a very high price, to be honest (the seller is asking for US $185.00, about £140 at time of writing). Not identical, but similar, Citime watches of about the same age seem to have sold recently for somewhere in the region of £50, so that would seem to be a better off-the-cuff estimate, or at least a starting point.

The thing to do is to watch eBay for a while and monitor supply and demand - what do other watches go for?

If yours is a hotly sought after item, and there are people prepared to spend big money to get them, the one you have linked to (there is also another which popped up as a suggestion when I looked at this one) should let you know what the current "going price" is.
illustration inc
#3 · Posted: 18 Sep 2016 19:26
I recently bought 2 citime Tintin watches on ebay for £45ish for the pair. The mint condition ones go for around £50 like jock123 says though. You always put a BIN of £65 or so and see if anyone bites. Good luck!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!