Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Feature on "BBC Bristol" 22/11/2016

jock123
#1 · Posted: 22 Nov 2016 15:20
Just a quick note to say that I should be on BBC Radio Bristol talking to Laura Rawlings about Tintin at about 17:25 GMT.

Will be available on the BBC iPlayer to listen to.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 23 Nov 2016 12:46
One very interesting piece of feedback from someone who heard the item is that the Helicopter Museum in Weston-super-Mare has in its collection a helicopter bearing artwork designed by Hergé for the 1956 Belgian Antarctic Expedition.

Has anyone seen this?

Update: There is now a new thread about this, with links to photos. It appears from the logo itself that the expedition was 1957-58.
Balthazar
#3 · Posted: 28 Nov 2016 23:52
Thanks for the heads-up and the link, jock123. I listened to it on the iPlayer that evening and thought it was a good piece, with some good questions from the presenter enabling you to get into some interesting stuff with your knowledgeable answers.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 29 Nov 2016 16:15
They did seem genuinely interested in making it a proper feature, rather than a "let's just fill some space with something vaguely topical", which was nice.

It's kind of you to say that you thought it was any good, as it's not really possible to tell when you are in the driving seat, as it were: all I could really take in on listening back was that (inevitably) my voice didn't sound like I imagine it does...! :-)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!