Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Identification Needed: Camel Train Watch

TimTimUSA
#1 · Posted: 19 Jan 2017 16:03
I recently listed on eBay a Tintin Special Edition Watch (the back says Limited Edition, 9,999) with a camel train on the strap and Tintin/Snowy on the face.

I thought for sure it was a Swatch, because of the construction, as it has the same format/straps, but I'm being told "No!" - someone alerted me to the fact it was mis-labelled.

I don't have the packaging, but it doesn't appear to be a Cititime either and I can't find anything similar online.

I bought it the Covent Garden store mid-90's, maybe, so I presume it's official merchandise.

Someone here must know!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Moderator Note: Combined two similar posts; we try not to post similar messages in more than one section at the same time, as it becomes difficult to follow conversations when some people will be answering in one places, and others in the other.

The Tidy Tintinologist Team
jock123
#2 · Posted: 19 Jan 2017 23:08
Definitely not Swatch - weren't their Tintin watches after the turn of this century?

I think the series you are talking about came out under the "Moulinsart" name (although they may still have been made by Citime, I don't know) during the Nineties as you say: if it came from The Tintin Shop, then it is entirely legal and official.

I've had a Google around, and it sounds to me like you have one with images themed around the black-and-white version of The Cigars of the Pharaoh, but coloured in shades of blue? There are photos to be found, if you look hard enough, and insert some French into your search.

There have been so many watches manufactured, and 9,999 is stretching the bounds of the term "limited", that it is unlikely to have any great value (especially without its packaging or box), but it could be that there are collectors out there wanting to complete a set.

Not a definitive answer, but I was working with little to go on; it might be a start for you in pinning down a specific year.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!