Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Belvision: Who owns the video rights to the cartoons?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

belvisionfan
#11 · Posted: 19 Jan 2017 15:59
Is there any chance that Shout Factory TV, the same people that put the Nelvana 1990s series out on DVD would ever release the 1950s-60s series?
number1fan
#12 · Posted: 21 Jan 2017 10:58
I wouldn't 100% rule it out as these things sometimes come out of the blue to surprise us.
I feel that its about time we had a definitive release of all the episodes - whoever purchases the rights to produce them down the line could have a good seller on their hands.

I feel people are more nostalgic about this series than the 90's one: perhaps it's a generation thing?

Even film studios have released non PC animation has been released out there whether it be Donald Duck or Popeye.

Let's hope it will happen sooner rather then later - maybe in time for the next film in 2031?
belvisionfan
#13 · Posted: 30 Jan 2017 22:27
number1fan:
maybe in time for the next film in 2031?

That's when it comes out??? I thought it was 2018. Not to get off topic but...
number1fan
#14 · Posted: 3 Feb 2017 11:43
belvisionfan:
That's when it comes out??? I thought it was 2018. Not to get off topic but...

That is certainly how it feels at the moment.

I was hopeful a few years back when the BFI released the two live action films.

I though a trend of Tintin releases would follow but no such luck.

However the next film release could perhaps trigger the release of the Belvision Series. Going forward there really isn't anything else to release apart from the old serials.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!