Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Blue Oranges: Publishing dates for the film book

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

MrCutts
#11 · Posted: 24 Feb 2011 14:05
I was thinking that Number1fan wanted to know about my Golden Fleece book as I asked him or her if they wanted to buy the English Golden Fleece film book I have for sale. I had opened a thread about the sale of the Golden Fleece book some time ago. I wasn't sure if I could post the same topic again. I have updated the original thread about the Golden Fleece book for sale with a link to this thread. Is that ok?
odriscoll13
#12 · Posted: 25 Feb 2011 18:07
My friend recently found a 1967 Tintin and the Blue Oranges book (english edition) in his attic. Was wondering if any of these have been sold on ebay before and are they worth much?
jock123
#13 · Posted: 25 Feb 2011 20:49
odriscoll13:
any of these have been sold on ebay before and are they worth much?

Hi and welcome, odriscoll13 - your friend is quite lucky!

That’s the book we are talking about, so yes, they do appear on eBay, and you might expect it to fetch between £30 and £60 (or on a really good day, £425…), depending on condition, etc.
MrCutts
#14 · Posted: 26 Feb 2011 02:55
That is a good find. They do crop on eBay. I found two Blue Oranges books on eBay within months of each other. One of the books was in Canada and the other in the UK. If you or your friend is thinking of placing it on eBay it may be worth spending a bit extra to list it has having US and Canada visibility. It's up to you but maybe offer to post Worldwide. Make sure you are covered for loss or damage though.
tintinforever
#15 · Posted: 19 Feb 2017 06:58
I enjoyed the book of The Blue Oranges as a child, but was always unmoved when I saw parts of the film itself.

I particularly liked also, the inside cover colour scheme which in the main Tintin series was usually tinged blue, but for The Blue Oranges was rendered grey.
jock123
#16 · Posted: 19 Feb 2017 13:28
tintinforever:
the main Tintin series was usually tinged blue, but for The Blue Oranges was rendered grey.

All three of the "Tintin at the Cinema" books (so Oranges, Golden Fleece and Lake of Sharks) have the grey end-papers, which I always thought was a nice touch too!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!