Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Peppy in the Wild West: Fantagraphics Popol make-over

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Jon God
#11 · Posted: 11 May 2016 07:38
Has there been any update to this? It's been sitting in my wishlist for a long time, but I didn't realize there was a chance it wasn't coming out... Anyone have any inside information that could shed light on the future of it?
mct16
#12 · Posted: 11 May 2016 12:46
I think that your best bet would be to contact Fantagraphics and ask if there is any progress.
jock123
#13 · Posted: 11 May 2016 13:46
Jon God:
Has there been any update to this?

I would say that, given three years have passed, it's safe to assume that it has been dropped - had anyone information to the contrary, it would have been posted here.

I'm not certain that there is anything to gain by pursuing the matter, really; as I indicated above, if it happens, it happens.
george
#14 · Posted: 5 Mar 2017 00:14
I know relying on Amazon listings is a fool's game, but as that fool I see Fantagraphics has a new listing for this volume on the US site. Now under a new name and a cover that I don't recognise - 'Peppy In The Wild West' (September).

The original listing (see this thread's first post) is still there, so at least this isn't just an Amazon bump.

I'll believe it when I see it. If the similarly delayed M. Tillieux book turns up in July then that'll be a good sign.

george
jock123
#15 · Posted: 5 Mar 2017 13:08
Another excellent spot there, george! I'll see if I can get any more information from Fantagraphics about it, to confirm what it is.
The cover is interesting, and the title more manageable, so let's hope it's happening and a success! :-)
snowybella
#16 · Posted: 11 Mar 2017 11:17
Yay! Soon my collection (without The Secret Ray in English, if it isn't going to be republished again and many Quick and Flupke books) will be finished!
Jon God
#17 · Posted: 27 Jul 2017 20:34
I didn't see a post for this, so I thought I'd share that Peppy in the Wild West (previously known as Popol Out West) is being released on September the 26th 2017 by Fantagraphics.

It looks like it really is happening this time - I remember waiting for the other re-release, and it never coming to light.

Now we can only hope for an official Secret Ray re-release!
george
#18 · Posted: 16 Oct 2017 00:03
george:
Well, to go along with the 1969 and 1992 editions of "Popol Out West", we now have a 2013 edition in the pipeline, under a new title!

So, for 2013 read 2017, which means the 1992 release is closer in time to the 1969 version than it is to today's Fantagraphics edition.

This is now available. I saw a copy in London on Friday but didn't pick it up as I was going out and my already fragile Street-Cred may not have survived me rocking up with a book featuring anthropomorphic bears.

A few of observations: two translators are credited - the late Kim Thompson being one, Jenna Allen the other. There's a two page introduction that can be previewed on Amazon. And the covers are that semi-flexible 'neither hard nor softcover' which gets used occasionally, although I'm struggling to think of an example to help illustrate how it feels in the hand.

I'll get mine soon, but this doesn't feel essential to me.

george

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!