Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favourite Snowy one-liners?

cakes200
#1 · Posted: 14 Jun 2013 02:41
Hi all,
Sometimes adorable little Snowy says something from a completely different perspective than the rest of the characters (even from a dog's perspective)! He has many great one-liners, for example:

- In Tintin and the Cigars of the Pharaoh, Rastapopoulos says, "One day you'll regret you crossed my path! Just remember: my name is Rastapopoulos!" Tintin looks surprised, but Snowy says, "So what? Who cares?"
- In Tintin in America, while watching the trains, Snowy says, "Here we are like a couple of hobos watching the trains go by..." LOL!
- In Destination Moon,Tintin is looking for the plans for the experimental rocket in the dustbin. Snowy says, "We'd never hear the end of it if I rummaged in a dustbin!" (that line took me off guard and I thought it was cute, and of course a dog would be thinking that way lol.)

So, what are your favourite Snowy one-liners? :-)
mct16
#2 · Posted: 14 Jun 2013 14:50
I don't know about one-liners, but a scene I always liked was when, in "Blue Lotus", Tintin visits Rastapopoulos in his hotel: the two men greet each other amicably, but Snowy gives Rastapopoulos a nasty look - a hint that Rastapopoulos is not the decent man he purports to be.
Blistring_Barnacles
#3 · Posted: 18 Jun 2013 23:10
I like the scene in Destination Moon where there's brown smoke billowing out of Haddock's room and Snowy says something like, "Well, that's a great start!"
snowybella
#4 · Posted: 17 Feb 2017 07:52
I really like the bit in "Destination Moon" when Snowy says "This is it! Sensational appearance of the Thompson twins!"
CaptainFatstock
#5 · Posted: 5 Apr 2017 02:53
My favorite Snowy one-liner is in Tintin in the Congo when Tintin shoots multiple antelope but after 2 tries, Snowy says "Poor old Tintin! You need practice!" I don't know why I like it so much.
wjc
#6 · Posted: 8 Apr 2017 02:12
For me, it has to be in The Shooting Star, when Snowy and Tintin go out in their winter furs:

"I'm going to cause a sensation!"

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!