Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Spirou et Fantasio

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Eivind
#51 · Posted: 26 Jun 2013 05:31
I can recommend the following blog about Spirou (in English): http://spiroureporter.net/
advnarayan
#52 · Posted: 28 Jun 2013 02:15
I got with me the entire series published by Euro Books, India- and I got it at Rs. 150 a copy (around $ 2.50). I don't think the series was translated by an person in India. Euro just got the rights for some titles to be marketed in India. Likewise Euro also published Quick and Flupke, Lucky Luke and Iznogoud.
the other major publisher Cinebook is to costly and it comes to around Rs. 600 ($ 10. Yet I bought 3 albums....However, I couldnt find much difference in the style of english used in albums published by Euro.
george
#53 · Posted: 27 Sep 2013 17:03
mct16:
"The Marsupilami Thieves" is from the better period.

The book is now out and I really enjoyed it. The fact I was coming in without having read the first part turned out to not be such a problem as the volume appears to build on the previous book without completely relying on it.

mct16:
Most of Franquin's output from the 1950s and 60s are considered to be him at his best.

Comparing '..Thieves' to the '..Zorglub' book from Fantasy Flight you can see a definite progression
in craft and quality, but this earlier volume is full of charm and, more importantly, good gags. And it isn't often you see a football match in a European comic, so an extra point for that alone (says the season ticket holder in me. We could've done that extra point at the weekend now I think of it...).

jock123:
it sort of suggests that it's better than the humour comics we had/ have here, and I'm not certain it is

I take your point and yet the UK comic industry was enormous in the 50s through to the 70s, a fact universally unacknowledged (to mangle Jane Austin). The lack of serious cross fertilisation always surprises me. Saying that, I still can't understand why a UK publisher hasn't committed to publishing the full set of Quick & Flupke books, or why Orion passed on the Asterix Birthday book - to me they've both got a built in audience. Yet what do I know?

Eivind:
I can recommend the following blog about Spirou

Agreed, it is a fabulous resource.

Next up from Cinebook is the delayed '...Moscow' book followed by another early Franquin, 'The Rhinoceros' Horn'. Happy days...!

George
ivan_ivanovic
#54 · Posted: 25 Jan 2015 17:21
Yesterday I read "In the Clutches of the Viper" by Yoann & Vehlmann and I really like it. The story is very relevant to modern times & society, and it has that subtle critical note like some of the Tintin books.

There is one scene referring to Tintin - when Fantasio is visiting the flea market and takeS a look at one very "Unicorn"-like ship. :)
george
#55 · Posted: 15 Apr 2017 09:07
mct16:
The Marsupilami was introduced in the "Spirou and Fantasio" series, became a major character (until Franquin prevented further use of him), later got his own comic series

In semi-related news, Cinebook have a pair of volumes from this spin-off series scheduled for later in 2017.

The Marsupilami's Tail and Bamboo Baby Blues are set for 21 September (according to Amazon) which makes that day an all Franquin blockbuster as Z is for Zorglub is also set for that date.

george

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!