Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Belvision: "Prisoners of the Sun" (1969)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

little martine
#11 · Posted: 16 Feb 2010 02:53
Well, I like them all anyway
hmm, but yes, there is many unusual parts than the book mentioned
Grey
#12 · Posted: 16 Feb 2010 16:50
The 1968 film is also a guilty pleasure as well as The Lake of Sharks and I do agree it has really odd moments too. It differs from the original Crystal/Prisoners heavily.

My two least favourite things in the film were definitely:

- Zorrino's voice: It didn't exactly suit him, and it were obviously a girl because the voice was rather high. He was really quite vunerable with it too.

- The Emperor's daughter: Just... what? She had no relevance to the plot, and sounded older than she looked. The song was a pure 'useless moment' through and through.

But then again, some bits just made me laugh on how silly it was at times:

- Tarragon's 'Rappack cappack!' and the 'I'm so shattered' before collapsing on the chandelier. The obligatory pun *rolls eyes*

- The man at the docks, wow... cringeworthy but hilarious. "... on boooard the Pa-cha-ca-maaaac!"

- The Aztec cell: When Tintin rolls backwards on the bed, making some sort of weird yowling noise. You wouldn't believe how many times I rewinded that bit.

And yes, I definitely agree on the theme, it's very catchy, and just as bad as Sharks unfortunately. There should have been a soundtrack released really of that.
number1fan
#13 · Posted: 4 Mar 2010 10:40
Grey:
he man at the docks, wow... cringeworthy but hilarious. "... on boooard the Pa-cha-ca-maaaac!"

Yea I never got why the man couldn't say it Ive always hated that bit.
Grey:
The Emperor's daughter: Just... what? She had no relevance to the plot, and sounded older than she looked. The song was a pure 'useless moment' through and through

This part of the film should of been destroyed or just have some music over it not that singing I cant stand it.
Grey:
Zorrino's voice: It didn't exactly suit him, and it were obviously a girl because the voice was rather high. He was really quite vunerable with it too.

Yea it was rather high but some young boys could have high voices but sounded like a girl.
Grey
#14 · Posted: 14 Apr 2010 14:08
Oh! I didn't know where to put this, but when the film begins and the camera goes past the curtains up to the desk, did anybody notice Signora Castafiore on the second row of the left side?
number1fan
#15 · Posted: 14 Apr 2010 22:21
Yes there were a few others - I may have to go back and see who else I can spot.
Abhishek Ghosh
#16 · Posted: 19 May 2010 14:42
Personally, I didn't liked the movie, I was rather disappointed when I watched it, but both books are the best Tintin books for me.
JacobLBA
#17 · Posted: 27 Aug 2010 09:25
Temple of the Sun is actually my favourite Tintin movie. I had it on video when I was a little kid. I used to watch it all the time. I was more than pleased when they released it on DVD. There are a few changes, but it's more faithful to the original books than Belvision's TV series.
snowybella
#18 · Posted: 17 Apr 2017 13:19
Grey:
- The Aztec cell: When Tintin rolls backwards on the bed, making some sort of weird yowling noise.

That sounds hilarious! Now I want to see the film even more! Can somebody tell me what it's like, and what happens?
CaptainFatstock
#19 · Posted: 5 Jul 2017 18:34
Grey:
Oh! I didn't know where to put this, but when the film begins and the camera goes past the curtains up to the desk, did anybody notice Signora Castafiore on the second row of the left side?

Yes! There was also Irma and Wagner next to her, and I'm pretty sure behind them there were Christopher Willoughby-Drupe and Marco Rizotto, the two reporters from Paris-Flash.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!