Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Identification: Tintin Mug [Locked]

snowybella
#1 · Posted: 24 Apr 2017 02:50
Last year, I recieved a Tintin cup as a present. Nothing special. But, I've never seen it in the Boutique or the shop in Covent Garden.

The cup is white, and there is a red stipe near the handle. In front of it, there is Soviets to Sceptre, Crab to Destination and Explorers to Alph-Art so there are three rows of books and the red stripe is behind Sceptre, Destination and Alph-Art. Curiously, Alph-Art had the unofficial cover by Yves Rodier (the one with the car speeding towards Tintin, who is in an uncomfortable position) and the pictures of Tintin in Tibet and Castafiore Emerald are slightly blurred. Instead of Flight 714 to Sydney, it just says Flight 714. The picture of The Black Island is the cover to one of the facsimiles (not the one with the picture of Tintin in the middle). On the cover to The Blue Lotus you cannot see Tintin's face properly.

If possible, I would also like to know the value of this cup.

Thanks!
jock123
#2 · Posted: 24 Apr 2017 09:20
This is a bit of a grey area: you haven't seen this in a Tintin boutique because it isn't an official product. It's absolutely beyond doubt because of the presence of the Rodier image.

As a result, discussion of value takes us into an area that we don't deal with here (to be honest, it won't be much).

The thread will be closed.

This topic is closed.