Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Which adventure are you currently lost in?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

number1fan
#21 · Posted: 10 May 2009 09:27
Im half way through Tintin in America First Artwork colour Edition.Trying to read them in order for the first time.
John Welles
#22 · Posted: 12 Jun 2009 15:00
I've read the serise through three times and it's interesting to see the evolution of the series from the wild adventures of "Tintin in the Congo" and "Tintin in America" to the overt political statements of "King Ottokar's Sceptre", to the classic phase that ran from "The Crab with The Golden Claws" to "The Red Sea Sharks" right to the mature period that lasted from "Tintin in Tibet" and ended prematurely with "Tintin and Alph-Art".
waruna
#23 · Posted: 14 Jun 2009 13:39
I'm going to read Red Sea Sharks.
I think this is the most colourful album.
Rastapopoulos's code name in this book is King Shark, so I think that the title of film and book Lake of Sharks makes a reference to that name! :-)
MrCutts
#24 · Posted: 28 Jun 2009 23:27
I've recently received The secret of the unicorn (Golden Press edition) and I'm reading it at the moment. I have to say I'm holding the book and turning the pages very carefully because although the spine is intact it looks like it could fall apart. I'm enjoying re-reading the book. I know what happens as I used to read and re-read my books over and over when I was a kid. Nice to read this American edition though and see the differences in text.
NikkiRoux
#25 · Posted: 29 Jun 2009 13:51
I'm in the middle of Secret of the Unicorn, and I think I'm stuck there. One problem I experience with reading Tintin is that for each frame, I stare at the pictures after reading the text. This takes really long, so I have sort-of abandoned the book in the middle to read many other ones with less pictures.
MrCutts
#26 · Posted: 1 Jul 2009 03:39
NikkiRoux. The thing to do is not to stare at the pictures too long but read the story as you would a normal comic then after you have finished the book go back and study the artwork in the panels. The pictures won't disappear once you have read it :o)
NikkiRoux
#27 · Posted: 1 Jul 2009 09:54
Like a normal comic? I read all comics like that.
MrCutts
#28 · Posted: 1 Jul 2009 16:37
I thought you were perhaps staring at the pictures too long because you admired the art work so much and that put you off from reading the story,. Am i right? That is why I suggested that you read Tintin like you would read other comics. Is the main problem that there are too many panels?
NikkiRoux
#29 · Posted: 3 Jul 2009 06:52
MrCutts:
Is the main problem that there are too many panels?

No, no. It's just like that with me and pictures. Any kind of picture. I just don't want to miss anything (I still do, though). And I manage to complete the stories.
snowybella
#30 · Posted: 26 Jun 2017 04:20
I'm sure I posted on this thread before, but I can't seem to find my post!
Anyway, I'm somewhere around page 21 of The Castafiore Emerald, where Castafiore is telling Irma that when she finds Captain Haddock, she should say that Christopher Willoughby-Drupe and Marco Rizotto have finished speaking to her and they would like to meet him.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!