Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favourite Tintin character

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Grey
#51 · Posted: 6 Jul 2010 22:43
Oo-er. Excluding Tintin and Snowy from the list on this one as that would be cheating.

1. Skut, I love him, really. He's sweet and adorable for sticking with Tintin in Red Sea Sharks. Quite handsome too even with the eyepatch.

2. Captain Haddock cracks me up. His insults are just class for the nonsense and for the fact nobody understands what he's saying. I quite like his poignant moments too, it shows he definitely has a heart.

3. General Alcazar also cracks me up. No really, I love him in the animated series as his voice gets the latino flair across so much. His serious-ness in scenes just makes me laugh.

4. Oliveira de Figueira, useful guy. For both items and distractions. He'd be great at our local shop. Oh the anecdotes he could bring up!
Rianna Lauren
#52 · Posted: 7 Jul 2010 09:56
My favorite is definitely Tintin - smart, cute, brave, cute, determined, cute, and awesome. :D Did I mention cute?

Snowy! He's just so loyal. I wish I had a dog like him. :3

Captain Haddock! Gotta love him. :D Whatever will we do without him and "blistering barnacles".

The Thom(p)sons - hilarious, needless to say. xD

Castafiore!
...Well I just happen to love her voice, so maybe not. xD

And everyone else - Alcazar, Skut, Oliviera, Rastapopoulos, Muller, and Allan. :D
the_maharaja
#53 · Posted: 14 Apr 2013 08:05
Just posted this in the new member thread... then I saw this one...

Favorite characters have to be Cuthbert, Snowy, Sir Francis Haddock and Red Rackham, Didi, Mitsuhirato, Oliveira, Rascar Capac, Abdullah, Nestor, Tapioca and Alcazar, Allan, and the minor character Arturo (I'm a car enthusiast).
Gayboy
#54 · Posted: 19 Jun 2013 23:23
I'm not even going to say Tintin, Snowy, The Professor, the Detectives, or the Captain because those are the main six that are present in most books. So I'm going to focus on the secondary characters now.

1. Chang - Because like Tintin, Chang was inspired by a real person and I feel that Tintin and Chang's friendships also symbolizes the eternal friendship of Tchang and Herge.

2. Piotr Skut - He is just a suave kind of guy. Very likeable and if Herge were to write a few more books, I'm almost certain he would be in them. Perhaps Herge could have written a book that took place in Estonia centering around Skut.

3. Captain Chester - Ok a brief appearance in "The Shooting Star" convinced me that he and Captain Haddock had a rich past full of tales and adventures of their own that if Herge really wanted to, could have focused on Haddock's past with Chester of course working with him. That little dance they did made me think of a time they may have done many drunken dances in their day at pubs world wide! From all of that we may have gotten a bit more about Haddock's past and how he got to where he is now.

4. Mrs. Finch, although just appears to be Tintin's landlord, there is a lot that can be read into her character that I think Herge leaves to the mind. Tintin is how old when the comic begins? 15? I have often thought myself that maybe Mrs. Finch was Tintin's adoptive mother who looked after and supported his academic endeavors as writer? To me she is very enigmatic in that regard.
gorfdota
#55 · Posted: 4 Nov 2013 14:26
Haddock of course. The Thom(p)sons are wonderful, so is Snowy, and most of the other characters. The only one I don't particularly like is Tintin himself. Far too heroic, dogoody and perfect for my tastes
hadtins
#56 · Posted: 2 Jan 2014 11:20
My favourite Tintin character would have to be Tintin ( although perhaps I'm a bit like Captain Haddock). Well there are over a million reasons for which I like Tintin - readiness for adventure, courage, ability to tackle any sort of vehicle, sensibility, his kid-like appearance, intelligence etc.
snowybella
#57 · Posted: 24 Apr 2017 02:37
My favourite character is Snowy - cute, tries to be helpful and adds a lot of humour to the adventures! He's at his best in The Shooting Star, wearing fur coat and suggests to Tintin to scramble the "egg", which they didn't know was a muchroom!
Cedric
#58 · Posted: 19 Jul 2017 03:29
My favorite character is Snowy! He's not just my favorite Tintin character - he's my fave character of all time :)!
I love Snowy so much! I love it when he saves Tintin! He is so cute as well.
Thundering Barnacles
#59 · Posted: 4 Aug 2017 10:19
Hmm, I'd have to go with Captain Haddock!
Aish
#60 · Posted: 13 Mar 2018 09:58
Of course I love Tintin, Snowy, Captain Haddock and Professor Calculus. But I'll go with these two minor characters:

1. King Muskar XII from King Ottokar's Sceptre: as a child, I was very much in love with this king because of how handsome and elegant he was. I used to wonder about his personal life, of which the only insight we have is from the frames showing a gowned woman seated next to him in public functions.

2. Abdullah: I wanted to be like Abdullah so much. I wanted to be as resourceful as he was and I loved that he was so spoilt that even when he was kidnapped, he had a room full of toys to keep him occupied.

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!