Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Name of French sci-fi comic book? [Solved: Valérian]

picaros
#1 · Posted: 6 Apr 2004 21:40
I'm looking for the name of a specific comic book. I think that it was published around the late 1960's and created by two French authours. I'm quite certain that it was a science fiction series and starred a man and woman working for some space-travel agency of some sort. Other than that, I actually found it quite interesting! I know the details are sketchy, but I'd appreciate it anyone knows what I'm talking about, and then maybe I'll stop pestering everyone with non-Tintin related subjects...
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 7 Apr 2004 06:28
Valérian, agent spatio-temporel (a.k.a. Valérian et Laureline, or simply Valérian) by Jean-Claude Mézières and Pierre Christin?
It has something to do with Tintin. When Mézières was young (12-13 years old), he sent his first comics page to Hergé who didn't discourage him, and gave him some advice.
You can find this page in Le monde d'Hergé by Benoît Peeters.
picaros
#3 · Posted: 7 Apr 2004 17:48
That's the name I'm looking for! Thanks chevet. You wouldn't also happen to know some of the titles by any chance?
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#4 · Posted: 7 Apr 2004 19:31
Have a look here.
I didn't know any of the titles myself, I just search with Google and the words: "Valérian agent spatio-temporel". You can probably find other sites on this subject!!
picaros
#5 · Posted: 7 Apr 2004 22:08
Great, now I'll trying sticking to Tintinology before this site turns into Valerianist.org or something

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!