Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

e-Books of Tintin in PDF

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

pwangdu
#11 · Posted: 9 Oct 2017 08:27
Adventures of Tintin book series, Artwork copyright owner is Éditions Casterman, Belgium., as per the books themselves. Why is this site mentioning ©Hergé/Moulinsart?

Moderator Note: We realise that you are new and enthusiastic, but would ask that you try and avoid flooding your replies with the same information, especially when your information is fundamentally wrong.

We designate the copyright to "©Hergé/Moulinsart" because that is where the copyright lies.

The right to publish Tintin is held by Casterman, but the copyright in the characters and stories themselves are most definitely held by Moulinsart, acting on behalf of the Remi estate.

You have arrived at your mistaken conclusion no doubt from the recent court case regarding which entity (Casterman or Moulinsart) should grant permission for the use of images extracted from the books, which the court decided should be covered under the contract entered into between Hergé and Casterman in 1942, at the time the books were to start being reworked in colour (in spite of the the fact that this was not the interpretation or intention of either of the parties).
This did not transfer ownership of the characters, nor did it amount to Hergé selling the rights.

The Tintinologist Team
pwangdu
#12 · Posted: 10 Oct 2017 13:49
Moderator Note: Combined two consecutive posts.

Thanks a lot for the detailed information. I shall not post anything about the copyright again, although I do not entirely agree with you.

I am not saying that your information is incorrect, but that I need more confirmation. Anyway I'm done with the subject. Sorry for any inconvenience.
jock123
#13 · Posted: 10 Oct 2017 15:46
pwangdu:
am not saying that your information is incorrect, but that I need more confirmation.

Then we reach an impasse...! ;-)

I'd put it to you that, given Moulinsart (via the Tintin.com website) and Casterman both use the formula "© Hergé/Moulinsart" on their web-pages to this day, that that is more that you need to offer some confirmation of why it would be otherwise...?

Have you evidence to support your contention...?
pwangdu
#14 · Posted: 11 Oct 2017 09:18
Alright, sir. Thank you for making it clear.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!