Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

"Tintin Family" Playing Cards: How to use?

snowybella
#1 · Posted: 22 Oct 2017 15:27
Hello,

I was given this set of Tintin cards last year as a gift, but apart from playing snap with them I have no idea what else to do with them. It didn't come with a set of instructions either, does anybody know how to play with these?

snowybella
Balthazar
#2 · Posted: 23 Oct 2017 12:21
Hi snowybella

From the picture on the link you gave, it looks as if they work as a set of regular playing cards, but with pictures of the Tintin characters in the central spaces that would normally have the appropriate number of hearts, clubs, diamonds or spades laid out. Whilst this makes the value of each card slightly less immediately obvious, you can still read the value and suit of each card from the number and symbol in the corners. From experience of these kind of cards (I've a similar pack pf cards with pictures of old aeroplanes on each one) you get used to just reading the corners and they work just fine for any traditional card game. (Easy childhood games such as knock-out whist and gin rummy in my case, though they'd doubtless work fine too for serious expert games of poker or bridge!)

Anyway, it looks like a nice pack. Your post reminded me that I've also got a Tintin card game that was given to me years ago, but mine is Jeu de Familles (all in French, but recognisable as what we know as Happy Families in English!) rather than four-suit playing cards like yours.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!