Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Land of Black Gold: Is the original version in "Hergé, le feuilleton intégral"?

Roby
#1 · Posted: 1 Dec 2017 22:08
Do you know whether or not this series has the few initial pages of Land of Black Gold in the version that was interrupted by the war?

I know it was serialized for a short time in 1940, then it was interrupted.

I bought the book covering 1937-1939 and did not find it, and looking at the cover of the book covering 1940-1943 I see no mention of it.

Can someone tell me if it's there or not?

Thank you.
snowybella
#2 · Posted: 1 Dec 2017 23:56
I did a quick search on the forums, and found this thread. According to mct16, the books only collect the Tintin magazine comics (Explorers on the Moon, Calculus Affair, etc.), not the Petit Vingtiemes (Soviets to King Ottokar's Sceptre-Black Gold)

Hope this helps!

Edit: After reading the thread more closeley, it seems like they are (or were) releasing pre-Tintin magazine strips too! There's still hope!
Roby
#3 · Posted: 2 Dec 2017 00:49
Thank you very much. Indeed they have even the early adventures' strips. I'm concerned though that the original Land of Black Gold ones might not be included, which would be a massive disappointment.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 2 Dec 2017 10:10
Hi!
Don't fret – the 1939/40 L'Or Noir will be included in the series!

I just asked Benoît Peeters, who has been contributing to the project, and he assured me that the story is set to be part of volume 8, and confirms that it is scheduled to be released in October 2018.

As volume 7 is your 1937-39, and volume 9 is the period 1940-43, there must be enough additional material to have a volume bridging 1939-1940.
Roby
#5 · Posted: 4 Dec 2017 05:06
jock123:

Thank you!!!!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!