Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

How long does it take to approve a post?

Shivam302001
#1 · Posted: 8 Oct 2017 09:06
Combining two consecutive posts

Hi,
My name is Shivam.I am one of the new members.I just want to know how long it takes to approve a posted message.I have recently posted 8 messages and not one of them has appeared over 1 day.I completely understand that you all have a lot of work at hand. I just wanted to know being an ardent fan of Tintin and this site.

Cheers,Shivam

I have posted severel posts but none of them have appeared.Postinh my messages in this site means a lot to me, so please can you make enquiries?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 10 Oct 2017 10:01
I'm afraid it just takes as long as it takes.

We try to keep on top of the forum business as much as we can, but the team all do this as a hobby, so it has to fit in around other things.

Sometimes a post can be released as soon as it has been made, at other times it can take longer, depending on who is available (we are a small team in different time-zones, so it's quite possible one or more of us will be asleep at any given time!).
pwangdu
#3 · Posted: 10 Oct 2017 14:08
@jock123 that's quite understandable. @Shivamxx your posts shall be visible one day.
Shivam302001
#4 · Posted: 10 Oct 2017 18:00
Thanks for clearing it up. Next time onwards I will be more patient.
Forever a fan of Tintin and this site,
Shivam
KiaraChang
#5 · Posted: 5 May 2018 12:42
I was wondering when I can get my post released when I find this question.
Thank you for all your efforts! Hope to join the team one day.:)
Balthazar
#6 · Posted: 5 May 2018 21:24
KiaraChang
Hi KiaraChang. Thank you for your patience. As you'll see, I've released your debut post now. As my fellow (and more active) moderator Jock123 has posted above, sometimes there's a little delay before any of us moderators find time to check the site for new messages from new members. The system of holding the first couple of posts from a new member in pre-moderation is, of course, to weed out people or automated systems trying to flood the forums with spam (or anything else untoward) and it works pretty well in keeping the site clear of such stuff. Once it's clear that a new member is real and genuine, we unlock their membership from the pre-moderation system and their future posts go live and visible straight away. As you'll see, I've just done that with yours, so we'll look forward to reading your posts as you make them :)
KiaraChang
#7 · Posted: 6 May 2018 02:00
Balthazar
Wow thank you so much!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!