Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

"Unicorn" Movie: Ubisoft tie-in game

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

fixer79
#21 · Posted: 22 Sep 2011 17:45
Looking forward to this game...

The only thing I wasn't happy about was that in an early trailer, Tintin was firing a shotgun from his side-car. Not very Tintin, that...

But apparently Ubisoft got a few angry letters 'cos in a more recent trailer, he appears to be firing a catapult... :)

Anyway, I'll surely pick up a copy of this game!
number1fan
#22 · Posted: 21 Oct 2011 22:13
I picked it up in HMV today its tremendous fun. If you have a games console go and pick it up.
A Great platformer - I will give a full review on completion.
number1fan
#23 · Posted: 21 Oct 2012 20:57
A year on I have completed it for the second time it really is a fun game to play all the trophies are nearly unlocked. Im looking forward to the next instalment which again seems like an age away.I would love to hear anyone's feedback on the game after multiple plays.
Magpie
#24 · Posted: 21 Oct 2012 23:49
I'm glad you like the game too, number1fan!

I have this game for Wii. It really is a delight to play! I have fully completed it, except for a couple of challenges. I have 46 hours (yikes!) on my main file, and have completed the game maybe three times now. It's one of my favourite games tp play for Wii, just because it's so nice to play as Tintin and feel like you're really him, setting out to complete the adventure. I recommend this game whole heartedly!
number1fan
#25 · Posted: 22 Oct 2012 21:37
I'm guessing the sword challenges are really good for the Wii?.I dont know another game like it.There hasn't been a decent platform game like this in ages.
JEEP
#26 · Posted: 24 Oct 2012 20:18
I just finished the story part of the game. The platform portions of the game are rather good, but the 3D parts are imho. rather annoying and seems rather unfinished and somewhat akward on PC, maybe they are better on console with a controller?

The graphics are very close to the film - and the voice acting is good.

As a game I would rate it below average though. The mechanics, on PC, are not very good and the challenge level is moderate.

For me, the real appeal of this game is that it is a Tintin game really - I enjoy it mostly due to the characters and the story, not so much due to the gameplay.

What I would really like to see is a Tintin themed adventure game with mechanics and gameplay like Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb.
Magpie
#27 · Posted: 25 Oct 2012 21:08
Yes, the sword fights are quite nice for wii, number1fan. I was wondering which console you use?

I do have to agree, JEEP, that the game can look a little unfinished at times. However, something I forgot to mention that I love about this game before was the background artwork, but especially the music. I think the music was beautifully done and matched the scenes of the game wonderfully as they were played out. Definetly one of my favourite music scores out of all the games I've played.
number1fan
#28 · Posted: 28 Oct 2012 08:22
Magpie its the Playstation 3.I agree great voice acting and a fantastic score aswell especialy the Snowy themes in the Snowy Missions.
hadtins
#29 · Posted: 1 Feb 2014 17:39
Hello, everyone. Can anyone tell me how to collect u-points in the Tintin game launched by Ubisoft?
Shivam302001
#30 · Posted: 23 May 2018 09:27
24 May 2018 11:11 - Merged topic:
The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn PC game review

I was pretty surprised to realize that not a single mention is made of The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn The Game, developed by Ubisoft Montpellier and released in 2011.
It is playable in PC, PS3 and XBox (there is also a game for Android and iOS, but more on that later).

For myself, I bought the game in 2016 and have played it about three times, so I think I can present my review of it.

There are basically four modes:
a)Story;
b)Tintin and Haddock;
c)Challenge; and
d)A section showing the concept art for the game plus the cinematic intervals which gets unlocked as you advance in the game.

The game basically follows the exploits of Tintin and Snowy much like in the movie - with minor inconsistencies such as the replacement of Sakharine by the Bird Brothers, the sinking of Karaboudjan, Omar Ben Salaad being a criminal with Allan as his henchman, a visit to a very Red Rackham's Treasure-like island and thus, in a way, it remains faithful to both the movie and the albums.

The story mode consists of six levels and 29 connected chapters.

49 golden crabs are hidden in all kinds of crazy places (I had to sweat a lot to find them all).
You will get a large dose of action, ranging from driving, shooting and riding a plane, to sword-fighting, and (of course!) a lot of leaping, crawling, swimming, punching and stuff like that.
The way you can take down criminals is pretty innovative: you can punch straightaway, take them down from behind, make them slip on banana peels or throw objects at them (you have to be particularly efficient at these while fighting Allan).

You can also control Captain Haddock, Sir Francis Haddock and Snowy in some stages.

Overall, the story mode is interesting if not engaging (cinematic intervals and some game-plays become repetitive after a while).

The Tintin and Haddock mode(co-op mode) is pretty cool. Captain Haddock gets hit on the head due to the Thom(p)sons and sinks into a deep sleep, where players get a chance to explore countless levels inside the Captain's dream, defying all the rules (in fact, some levels has you playing upside down).

You can control Tintin, Snowy, Haddock and Sir Francis Haddock, the Thom(p)sons and Signora Castafiore, each having their own unique abilities.

You can even change their dress and appearance as you wish by collecting coins and special items (after all, it's all just a dream). I had a lot of fun playing this mode along with my sister.

The Challenge mode tests your skills at flying, driving and sword-fighting, and rewards you on the basis of your performance (bronze, silver, gold and platinum).

All in all, the gameplay visual graphics and audio remains true to its comic origins.

It would not interest experienced gamers, but to hardcore Tintin fans, it's a totally different situation (at least for me).

Has anyone else played this game?

Moderator Note:
Shivam302001:
I was pretty surprised to realize that not a single mention is made of The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn The Game developed by Ubisoft

Funny you should say that, because a forum search found four threads mentioning it when we tried just now - including this one to which your post has been moved! ;-) Perhaps you made your search too specific or complicated - "Ubisoft" was enough to discover the threads that we found.
Anyway, we've gathered up the other ones and included them here too, as a merged thread, so that all discussion of the games can take place in one location.
The Tidy Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!