Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

"Unicorn" Movie: Easter Egg hunt! [Warning - may include spoilers!]

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

tintinsgf
#11 · Posted: 21 Sep 2012 11:24
cigee:
"News that hits" (sorry, I'm more familiar with the original French, so I forget the English title of the newspaper.)

It's Daily Reporter in English. Too bad it was posted on billboard (not on the advertising pole like in the comics! XD)
snowybella
#12 · Posted: 22 Apr 2017 02:48
At the beginning of the movie, there is a compass (sorry, haven't watched it in a while) that has all of Tintin's destinations, which includes (I think) the Moon, and when Tintin is on the train a minuite or two later, the X-FLR6 Moon Rocket and Flight 714 statue is seen in the background. When he goes to get his magnifying glass, you can see news reports from Congo to Sceptre.
Shivam302001
#13 · Posted: 14 Oct 2017 13:34
Well,it seems that the release of Tintin's next adventure in the silver screen will take some time. So I had been watching The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn and stumbled across these Easter eggs which have not been mentioned earlier (the reason is I recently bought the DVD and I could see it in my own time).

During the starting sequence of the movie,the train board shows some destinations that have all been visited by Tintin in the books and the train chase sequence itself resembles that in the Black Island.
At one point, the starting page of the hardcover books of Tintin can be seen and at one point of time Syldavia's emblem can be seen.
Moreover, the letters E and T are typed one after another on the typewriter - can it be Spielberg's movie, ET: The Extra Terrestrial?
And the place where the villain keeps his possession,in the background some sharks can be seen which brought The Lake of Sharks into my mind.
And oh, I almost forgot, the way Tintin fell down by the opening of a hatch under his feet brings into my mind Tintin in America where he was tricked in the same way twice.
These are all from the opening sequence.
Shivam302001
#14 · Posted: 24 May 2018 16:22
Snowy was carrying a huge bone in his mouth when Tintin and the Captain were stranded in the desert. We know from the book that it was the bone of a camel.
jock123
#15 · Posted: 24 May 2018 21:01
Shivam302001:
We know from the book that it was the bone of a camel.

That's not really an "Easter egg", though, that's just recreating something in the story. The characteristic that makes something an "Easter egg" is that it has to be a hidden reference to something else, a little extra that will be picked out by the sharp eyed, and cause enjoyment for those who understand.
Some of the examples in the title sequence you site in your earlier post, for example, are pretty overt references, so not really hidden; the use of the initials "E.T." however is a good spot and an example of a true "Easter egg", as it is a hidden reference to Spielberg.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!