Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie Sequel: News and General Discussion [No Spoilers!]

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Shivam302001
#31 · Posted: 18 Jul 2018 21:28
Anthony Horowitz's script having been scrapped, it's now in the air that Peter Jackson himself will write the script for the sequel.
But it still hasn't been announced on which books the script will be based.
Its being based on the Prisoners of the Sun has been thrown into doubt, but maybe Sir Jackson may base it on that book only. (Clue: Spot an album where the Thom(p)sons have a pretty large part to play).
Anyway, other favourites of Sir Jackson include The Calculus Affair, The Black Island, The Blue Lotus and the Moon adventures, with the latter two being potential later sequels.
Much of the acting crew are still expected to reprise their roles as-and-when shooting starts.
But as it stands, after 7 years since the first movie released, we still have not got a release date and worse, a date for the start of shooting.
With Steven Spielberg telling us to hold our breathes till at least 2021, I seriously am starting to have doubts...
Be it so, I will be the least surprised if the film is postponed further. And till then, we can only take inspiration from movies like The Incredibles 2(2018) whose prequel came out in 2004 and hope our patience bears fruit.
jock123
#32 · Posted: 19 Jul 2018 11:13
Shivam302001:
it's now in the air that Peter Jackson himself will write the script for the sequel

I've not seen anything about that - has there been some sort of announcement?
Shivam302001:
being based on the Prisoners of the Sun has been thrown into doubt

Again, does that come from an announcement? Prisoners is surely as much of a candidate as any other - in fact, given that it's a double album, it's got a lot going for it. As no title has ever been announced (the use of the title on IMDb has been shown to be only speculation, probably added by a member of the public).
Shivam302001:
maybe Sir Jackson may base it on that book only

I don't follow you here - the movie will more than likely need more than one book as the source (the producers said as much during the making of the last movie, and I don't know why it would change this time), and may include more of Red Rackham's Treasure to tie the two together.
Shivam302001:
other favourites of Sir Jackson include The Calculus Affair, The Black Island, The Blue Lotus and the Moon adventures

Again, any of these are posssible - although I really doubt The Blue Lotus would make the cut without Cigars, and I think that they are covered in the gallery of "past adventures" on the walls of Tintin's study in Unicorn; unless they are presented as a flashback, I think that they will be avoided. Sir Peter has more or less ruled out the Moon adventure for the first sequel, so they are the least likely of the available books.
Shivam302001:
I seriously am starting to have doubts...

Thirty years from the announcement of Spielberg's plan for a Tintin movie, to the movie coming out - that's the time the first one took, so patience is a virtue...! :-)
Shivam302001
#33 · Posted: 19 Jul 2018 16:13
It is the third or fourth time that I have been told that patience is a virtue!:-) Actually, I am pretty patient (not being sarcastic). It is just that I feel so excited while being in this site and hence...

On a more serious note, here is the site from where I got the info (look at the last bit). I do not know whether this info has come from a verified source but I cannot blame the author for conjecturing a little especially since news of this sequel is so scarce.

I completely agree with you that the sequel will not be based on a single album and was just a metonymy.

And yes, I know there will be no Moon or Blue Lotus for the sequel. Maybe I was too tired to frame the sentence correctly. I meant something like:
Later sequel and not immediate sequel. I hope you will ask me if you have any further queries.
busdriver450
#34 · Posted: 9 Aug 2018 22:32
I can't wait another 30 years
Shivam302001
#35 · Posted: 7 Oct 2018 04:16
There is some potential good news for the Tintin movie fans:
Polygon reported that while promoting his next production, Mortal Engines, Peter Jackson took out sometime to talk about the Tintin sequel. According to him, he might start work on the script next year if everything goes well. As yet, he is still undecided which book he will bring to life with almost every book having a potential for the sequel.

Whatever the plot, this is great news for the Tintin fans and we can only hope that Sir Jackson keeps his word and starts work on the script soon. However, it will be another 4 to 5 years earliest, before we will be able to see the boy reporter and his white fox-terrier on the silver screen, I guess. :-)
Aryan Tiwari
#36 · Posted: 14 Oct 2018 18:03
Unfortunately he's been doing the same thing for a long time now. Still, let's hope for the best. I can't wait to watch it!
iluvtintin
#37 · Posted: 15 Oct 2018 13:35
At this point I'm ready to give up. Let's see what happens next year...
Shivam302001
#38 · Posted: 9 Nov 2018 01:57
Good news! Sir Jackson has told the Empire magazine that maybe, maybe they will start motion capturing next year after they get their share from the studio with the rumours doing a full circle and coming back to the adaptation of Seven Crystal Balls/Prisoners.

Jackson would be engaged somehow to Amazon's Lord of the Rings but barring that, he is pretty empty at the moment and looks like he will finally divert his attention to Tintin.
BlackadderFan
#39 · Posted: 13 Nov 2018 18:11
busdriver450
#40 · Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:16
So it's now been years - literally - since the first Tintin film.
Do we accept that a sequel is dead in the water and never going to happen?

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!