Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin Lego: Vote in the Lego Ideas ballot! (See "Update"... :-( )

jock123
#1 · Posted: 31 Aug 2018 18:12
After a previous attempt several years ago (mentioned here), it seems that there is a Tintin-themed Lego set in the running in this year's Lego Ideas vote!

As mentioned in the old post, there might have been problems at the time because of the mini-block sets being produced in Japan by Kawada, but those seem to have come to an end, and now seems to be a good time to revive the effort - even the official Tintin Facebook page has carried news of the attempt. That's no guarantee that anything could or would happen, but at least that sounds positive!

10,000 votes are needed to get the concept to the next stage, so get voting, and tell all your friends to do it too!

Update - Hmmm... I now see - looking at the Lego page - that the last update was dated October 2017, with 182 days to run. Sadly, that probably means the project has not got the votes needed.

Sorry if you got excited, but this one doesn't seem to be in the running any more. Ah well, maybe it will come round again...!

Fingers crossed!
CaptainFatstock
#2 · Posted: 31 Aug 2018 23:02
I hope a official Lego Tintin set is made someday. I've been wanting one for a long time because the closest thing we've ever gotten are those Nanoblock sets, but those are an absolute nightmare to put together!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!