Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

Tintinologist.org forums turning lonely?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Shivam302001
#1 · Posted: 27 Nov 2018 12:39
I like to read posts that were made by other members in these forums. It has come to my notice that previously a lot of people used to participate in these forums while now only a handful of members actually post in these forums and actively participate in discussions. It is like sitting and talking in a large empty hall, with a large number of cameras everywhere (views) but almost nil actual audience and participants.

That does not mean these forums does not rock, it surely does! I just wish I could have seen them in their heydays.
luca
#2 · Posted: 27 Nov 2018 20:38
I agree...

I'm 14 (from Brazil, sorry if my English is bad) and a Tintinophile since 2014, when I was ten years old.
When I discovered this site and the forums just a few weeks ago, I read lots and lot of posts and discussions, it's fun!

I'm sure, if I had been born in 1990, that I'd have been active in the forum's "glory days" during the 00's.

Come back guys!
snowybella
#3 · Posted: 28 Nov 2018 01:33
I've noticed that too.
Shivam302001
#4 · Posted: 28 Nov 2018 02:00
I wonder what maybe the problem. Now, whenever I post a new topic of discussion, I dread that it will literally go away unanswered. Maybe the next Tintin film will somehow change things a bit, but I do not see any other way in which this problem can be combated.

Have the staff noticed it? Do they have any ideas on how to encourage members to post on these forums, because this is quite a serious problem.

It would be nice to see the forums flourish once again.
tintiNZ
#5 · Posted: 28 Nov 2018 03:46
As with many things in life, there will be an inevitable ebb and flow. We are kinda in an "ebb".

Tintin turns 90 in January, so there could well be a flurry of interest and input just around the corner!.
number1fan
#6 · Posted: 28 Nov 2018 12:01
Shivam302001:
I like to read posts that were made by other members in these forums. It has come to my notice that previously a lot of people used to participate in these forums while now only a handful of members actually post in these forums and actively participate in discussions. It is like sitting and talking in a large empty hall, with a large number of cameras everywhere (views) but almost nil actual audience and participants.

That does not mean these forums does not rock, it surely does! I just wish I could have seen them in their heydays.

It will happen with any subject.Considering this forum has been going since 2004 is remarkable.

There is a wealth of gold in these forums to revisit.

I guarantee people are looking at the forums everyday from all around the world.

This forum is great as it has stayed the same since the beginning so many forums lay dormant.

We continue to make this the best forum on the web.

Thanks to everyone on the site.
Shivam302001
#7 · Posted: 28 Nov 2018 13:36
Yes, the work that admin and the moderators have put into maintaining these forums since 2004 is truly commendable. Thank you for creating such a wonderful site and letting us be a part of it!

This is the first forum that I became a member of, and this is by far the best forum not only on Tintin but in general.

However, I would encourage members to participate and post on whatever topics they find interesting in these forums, because there is no end to knowledge and most importanly is about our favourite reporter, Tintin!
iluvtintin
#8 · Posted: 10 Dec 2018 23:20
[Combined consecutive posts...]

Remember, Tintin has an older fanbase: Tintin has been around since the 1930's, so most fans are older and only some are younger.

When the movie came out it did boost the fanbase, so maybe if the next movie is ever made, we might get more young fans, and older fans will come back too.

number1fan, I think this forum has actually been going since the late 90's - it's the oldest English-language Tintin fan site - so we're lucky this site is still going :)
It should never be taken away because there's no other good fan site in English out there.

The staff have lives too, they can't be here everyday, and I think the forums are kind of low because of the holidays.

And Tintin fans still exists: check out Facebook too - lots of fans there. :)

--
Note from Moderator: Please respect and adhere to our Forum Posting Guidelines.
Aryan Tiwari
#9 · Posted: 6 Apr 2019 20:32
Just curious how many people are still active from the early 00' ?
Shivam302001
#10 · Posted: 10 Apr 2019 16:02
Aryan Tiwari
You can check out the members list in the order in which they joined the forums from the 'view statistics' page and then check out which members are still actively participating in discussions by coming back into the forums page. The number is awfully small, I'm afraid.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!