Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

What is your most epic Tintin moment?

RicardoOlcese
#1 · Posted: 4 Jan 2019 19:28
In my opinion, the most epic, particularly impressive or remarkable Tintin moment, happens when the US Navy bombs Gorgonzola's submarine, and they surrender before being able to sink the ship where our heroes are (The Red Sea Sharks, p. 57). Also, in second place, when Snowy recovers and brings the scepter to king Muskar(King Ottokar's Sceptre, p. 58). What about yours?
snowybella
#2 · Posted: 5 Jan 2019 00:39
The first one that comes to mind is when Tintin goes through the waterfall in Prisoners of the Sun (Temple of the Sun in the original), and although Haddock and Zorrino think he's dead, he's actually found the secret entrance to the Inca-temple.
RicardoOlcese
#3 · Posted: 5 Jan 2019 00:44
snowybella
Ah! Yes, true! Also a great moment! I remember I was so surprised and happy to find out there's that secret entrance. I was perhaps even happier than Haddock and Zorrino.
Shivam302001
#4 · Posted: 5 Jan 2019 04:32
The most epic Tintin moment for me would be during Tintin's most epic adventure - to the Moon! As Tintin slowly desended the steps of the moon rocket to be the first man on the Moon, it brought all the preparations of the previous adventure to a fruitful conclusion. And doing so, Tintin not only became a cosmic reporter, but also fulfilled the long unfulfilled dreams of his creator to make his son be the first person on the Moon!
tintiNZ
#5 · Posted: 5 Jan 2019 08:55
Snowybella - I agree, the waterfall scene in Prisoners of the Sun would be my most memorable and epic of moments too.
mct16
#6 · Posted: 6 Jan 2019 19:58
I think that it is the concluding part of the Moon adventure when they face a race against time to return to Earth before they run out of oxygen and Tintin struggling to stay concious enough to set the automatic landing procedure.

Others would be the races to the border in "Broken Ear" and "Calculus Affair".
luca
#7 · Posted: 9 Jan 2019 22:53
The one that most touched me when I was a kid was when Tintin, Haddock, General Alcazar and the Picaros take Tapioca off the power and save Thomson and Thompson

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!