Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: Tied up, but rarely gagged when captured?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Harrock n roll
#11 · Posted: 3 Dec 2009 13:14
It's just a plot device which allows the hero a chance to escape, like a 'deathtrap' where the villain uses an overly elaborate way to kill the hero instead of killing them by simple means. And of course, the villain usually reveals his plans to the hero at this point, confident that the victim wont be able to escape, after which the villain usually leaves the scene without witnessing the hero's demise.

I don't believe you can rationalize these type of plot devices. I mean, you could just as well ask why Tintin was left tied to railway tracks in America, left tied above a crocodile infested river in Congo, or asked to jump off a cliff in The Black Island (to make it look like an accident), when the villain could have either shot Tintin or pushed him off the cliff.
Furienna
#12 · Posted: 5 Feb 2019 16:22
Briony Coote:
Abdullah binds and gags Nestor in "The Red Sea Sharks". The last has me wondering about one thing - how on earth can a six-year old boy tie up a fully grown man so heavily and effectively?

I believe that poor Nestor felt that he had to let Abdallah do all that to him, as a part of the game. But I don't believe that Abdallah had overpowered him with physical force, because that would indeed be almost impossible.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!