Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

How many countries have you travelled to which Tintin visited?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Shivam302001
#21 · Posted: 24 Feb 2019 04:44
RicardoOlcese
Oh, he is definitely a Hindu. You might have noticed that he swears by Brahma, who is a Hindu god.

As for the landscape, there are some pretty dry places in India, no doubt, but you can't say the whole country is dry. There is Mawsynram, which averages the world's highest rainfall and of course, the Himalayas where temperatures can drop to -40 degree Celsius. On the other side, we have the Thar desert where temperatures rise to 50 degree Celsius and Southern India has basically tropical climate. So, not dry.

I would say Gaipajama is in North-West India about 200-300 km roundabout New Delhi. (given that he reached India from Arabia so quickly(which is a miracle enough) it would hardly be feasible that he went all the way to south-India.

Now, please excuse me. I have my school annuals coming up, and I got to study for it(they should ban the whole exam thing, I believe).
Huascar
#22 · Posted: 19 Mar 2019 00:25
Coonsdering the Tintin adventures...

Belgium, Brussels (many albums)
France, Paris (Prisoners of the Sun), Marseille (Ottokar's?)
Spain (Congo?) (Canary Islands)
Iceland / North Pole, Paris-Los Angeles (The Shooting Star) (flying through)
Egypt (The Cigars of the Pharaoh)
Brasil (possibly Prisoners of the Sun, The Broken Ear or The Picaros)
USA, Tintin in America (albeit not New York)
Switzerland, The Calculus Affair (Geneva)
UK, The Black Island (England and Scotland)
Caribbean, Red Rackham's Treasure (flying through to South America)
Oceania (Flight 714)
Greece (may not count, but I am not sure about Syldavia's location, and was thinking of the Thom(p)sons' arrival in Greek costumes less I be mistaken)
Shivam302001
#23 · Posted: 4 Apr 2019 19:29
Huascar

The Thom(p)sons had worn the Greek costumes by mistake in Destination Moon. I think Syldavia was supposed to be a Balkan country along with neighbouring Borduria.
Aryan Tiwari
#24 · Posted: 6 Apr 2019 20:15
Well there are a few places I have also visited where Tintin has gone to, to name a few;

Chigago- USA
India - Delhi
Switzerland
England
Furienna
#25 · Posted: 9 Apr 2019 21:39
United Kingdom
Germany (Tintin passed through Germany in "Soviets", and I passed through Germany too on trips through Europe).
JJohannes
#26 · Posted: 11 Apr 2019 01:30
I've been to France (Paris, places in Normandy and in Aquitaine and Occitanie), Belgium (not Brussels but Ardennes region), Germany (Berlin, Frankfurt), Switzerland (around Lago Maggiore/Ticino canton), Spain (Canary Islands, Barcelona) and Czech Republic (Brno but not Prague).

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!