Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Please introduce yourself!

Page  Page 51 of 52:  « Previous  1  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

SweTin
#501 · Posted: 17 Oct 2018 10:10
Middle-aged Swede here. My mother worked as a librarian back in the 70's and the library had all of the adventures both as comic books and on LPs, so I used to listen to the adventures while I looked at the pictures in the books.

As far as I can remember, The Black Island was the first adventure I read/listened to. I was fascinated by Dr Müller and, five years old, I pretended to be him. My mother told me later that she once heard me playing with my toy phone and saying phrases like "He will require treatment B... You understand?"

I had such high hopes for the Spielberg movie adaptation but I nearly stood up and left the theatre when I realized how poorly this was made. Made me both sad and angry. :/
G_Mendes
#502 · Posted: 4 Dec 2018 01:50
Présentation, bonjour à tous,

Je m'appelle Goncalo Mendes et j'ai lu Tintin dans ma jeunesse, (encore trop !), avec d'autres héros de BD. Plus tard, mon intérêt pour cet univers a rencontré ce nouveau média, Internet. Mon grand plaisir, faire des plans, 3d, et maquettes/maquettes des engins, bâtiments, etc, de leurs aventures.

Un grand merci à tous ceux qui rendent ce forum possible !

G_Mendes

Note du modérateur : Salut, G. ! Bienvenue sur nos forums - nous espérons que vous vous amuserez !
Nous sommes désolés de devoir vous le rappeler, mais tous les messages doivent être rédigés en anglais.
Nous espérons que vous comprenez et nous vous remercions de votre compréhension !
L'équipe du joyeux tintinologue
RicardoOlcese
#503 · Posted: 31 Jan 2019 17:57
Hello everybody! I started visiting the forum a while ago, but I have just found this thread. I am a lawyer. Living in Argentina. And I am the greatest fan and expert of Titin to be found in my house. Glad to come here, meet fellow fans, and learn about Tintin by reading this great forum!
Cheers! Amaïh, Tintinologist.org & Friends!
Shivam302001
#504 · Posted: 1 Feb 2019 04:06
Bienvenido, RicardoOlcese! Hope you have a nice time here.
Huascar
#505 · Posted: 18 Mar 2019 23:52
Hello!

I read something about Tintin's jeans in the last album (Picaros) and just had to register.

I first viewed Red Rackham's Treasure as a Swede learning to read capital letters circa 1975.
Then, somehow, I came across The Crab With The Golden Claws. This was all in Swedish. Eventually, my grandmother took me to the cinema and we saw Prisoners of the Sun.

Fast foreward, my parents moved to the south of France, and I got to read all the albums in French, the original language. I have vivid memories of where and when I read this or that album.

Examples (Swedish):
Red Rackham's Treasure = North of Stockholm, at home.
The Crab with the Golden Claws = cannot remember, but was scared by Haddock and the corkscrew.
The Broken Ear: Easter holidays, back in Sweden.
The Land of Black Gold = Stockholm archipelago.
Flight 714 = Stockholm Archipelago.

The other albums were read for the first time in French, with Tintin in Tibet being given to me by my schoolmate's mother in Switzerland, anno 1980: Alps and Calculus Affair combined, as far as memories be concerned...

Well, this was and is my short presentation. I understand that this is an English speaking site, but can tell that I am fluent in Swedish, French and Spanish, in terms of legal proficiencies.

I don't like translations per se, since I believe in the original wordings, hence the importance of being able to read any author in their original language.

Thanks for allowing me on board! (ah, I am a captain as well)

Cheers,

Huascar
snowybella
#506 · Posted: 20 Mar 2019 01:20
Huascar

Vïlkommen, bienvenue and bienvenido, Huascar! :)
Huascar
#507 · Posted: 21 Mar 2019 23:37
Thanks, snowybella!

Or should I rather say , tanks, snow and welfare!
Leze Mary Casey
#508 · Posted: 15 Apr 2019 20:02
Hi, my name is Leze Casey. I stay in New York and work as a part-time model. Tintin ain't very popular here, but luckily my boyfriend introduced me to Tintin and I really liked his adventures. So here I am! Sorry if this post is a bit long, I have a very bad habit of chatting!

Hope to have a nice time with you guys!
Aryan Tiwari
#509 · Posted: 20 Apr 2019 21:03
Welcome Leze :)
Chrissie
#510 · Posted: 25 May 2019 05:52
Christina from Australia.
Tintin fan books mainly (didn't really like the 2011 adaption). Liked the tv series and French adaptions though.

Page  Page 51 of 52:  « Previous  1  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!