Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Famous Tintin fans

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Richard
UK Correspondent
#21 · Posted: 14 Nov 2004 19:58
Nick Park, creator of Wallace & Gromit, is also a Tintin fan - he modelled their home-built moon rocket on Tintin's, and wore a Snowy T-shirt in an interview he conducted for the recent "Cracking Contraptions" series of short films.

And to add a little (co-incidental) connection between Tintin and Queen, both Rastapopoulos and Freddie Mercury have dressed up as Mephistopheles (Rastapopoulos in "The Red Sea Sharks", Freddie in the video for "It's A Hard Life").
schnelle
#22 · Posted: 18 Nov 2004 20:48
re: Terry Gilliam wore a huge Tintin jumper at the Monty Python reunion at Aspen in March 1998.

Check out http://www.dailyllama.com/news/2003/images/pythons_aspen_1998.jpg
or
http://www.dailyllama.com/news/2003/llama188.html
Harrock n roll
#23 · Posted: 19 Nov 2004 10:06
Terry Gilliam wore a huge Tintin jumper at the Monty Python reunion at Aspen in March 1998

Aye, although I see from the picture that Tintin has been covered by a cut-out head of deceased Python Graham Chapman!
kirthiboy
#24 · Posted: 21 Dec 2004 08:08
Raima Sen, a bollywood actress is also a Tintin fan.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/2004/Oct/01/674_1033696,00310007.htm
massive
#25 · Posted: 23 Dec 2004 06:12
I seem to remember the drummer from Rush wearing a Tintin shirt for a video.

christopher R:
John Sewell
#26 · Posted: 23 Dec 2004 12:35
For an 80s appearance on French TV, Communards singer Jimmy Somerville dressed up as Tintin, with co-singer Sarah Jane Morris as Castafiore! I think this was more to do with the supposed physical similarity between Somerville and Tintin, (much commented on at the time in the UK music press) rather than them being fans, but it looked like fun from the pictures! (Not sure how Euro Tintin fans reacted to seeing their hero portrayed by a squeaky-voiced gay Scottish singer though ;) )
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#27 · Posted: 23 Dec 2004 21:45
It used to be a running joke on "Have I Got News For You" that "Private Eye" editor Ian Hislop looked like Jimmy Somerville - so, by association, can Hislop be said to resemble Tintin? I can't see it myself...

Ed
Karaboudjan
#28 · Posted: 8 Jan 2005 11:16
And the band Duran Duran named themselves after names for the Thom(p)sons in the two French stage plays...

The creator of Discworld, Terry Pratchett, is also a big fan. When my sister interviewed him for her university paper a few years ago, he said that the Captain had partly inspired Vimes. I love Vimes too, so obviously there's a great literary tradition going on!
admin
Administrator
#29 · Posted: 22 Feb 2005 09:35
jamie wrote: Well, my memory is pretty lousy, but I seem to remember a music video many years ago with Sting wearing a Tintin sweater (sorry, jumper is it? -- I'm in the u.s.).

A couple of screenshots, courtesy of Monica S, from Sting's MTV have just been added to our "Spot Tintin in movies and TV programmes" page.
tybaltstone
#30 · Posted: 22 Feb 2005 16:20
Karaboudjan said: "And the band Duran Duran named themselves after names for the Thom(p)sons in the two French stage plays..."

I think Duran Duran is the name of the villain in Barbarella (the film (previously a comic strip by Jean-Claude Forrest) with Jane Fonda from 1960-something...)

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!