Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Marlinspike: What is the name of the Siamese cat?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Karaboudjan
#1 · Posted: 22 Dec 2004 00:42
I've always wondered - Hergé never gave the Marlinspike moggy a name;
any guesses what our beloved Archie might call him?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#2 · Posted: 23 Dec 2004 21:50
Hergé's own (near-identical) Siamese cat was called Thaïke - so I've always personally referred to it as that!

Ed
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 24 Dec 2004 02:11
Thaïke, that's a beautiful name. But I wonder what the Captain would make of being called "beloved Archie"...?
Jordy
#4 · Posted: 31 Dec 2006 10:31
I'm certain that there isn't a frame in one of the Tintin books that has the Siamese’s name. However, the name may have been included somewhere else in either a work of Hergé’s or in an article on the Tintin series.
Ranko
#5 · Posted: 20 Apr 2007 19:21
I always thought it was "anchips"
Haddock and chips? No? er...
;-)
Smidgeroo
#6 · Posted: 4 Jun 2007 08:40
I think his name is, "Get out from under my feet, you billious ball of fluff!" :D

All joking aside, my roommate has a cat that bears a striking resemblance to the Marlinspike cat, but he has dainty little white toes. His name is Einstein (He was so named because he also has a little white moustache. The name gets more ironic everyday...), so I nicknamed Haddock's cat Einie. :P
tintinspartan
#7 · Posted: 4 Jun 2007 14:33
My Bengalise Cat was named after Tintin and her name: Tintinpussy or Tintinpuss. How do I get there? My sis called her puss, while I called her Tintin (Tintin is also a female name in chinese). My sis and I both quarreled till we made a deal. We call her Tintinpuss. But still, I called my cat Tintin and she's a real mean cat that loves to bite my leg and fingers.
Aileea
#8 · Posted: 14 Oct 2008 22:02
As no name for the cat was stated in the books, I used to imagine that the cat´s name was "Cat", like in the "Princess Bride" novel where Buttercup´s horse was called "Horse". But then again, I don´t think that Archie would be that uncreative in naming his pet. I know someone who has a siamese cat named Phoenix, so I could imagine that as the name of Haddock´s cat too. Or Maxwell. Or Anakin. Or Thaïke as that was the name of Hergé´s cat.
Harrock n roll
#9 · Posted: 15 Oct 2008 15:54
How about 'Golden Claws'?
Or just plain 'Spike'? :-)
Katherine
#10 · Posted: 18 Oct 2008 06:06
I like 'Cat'.

Or how about 'Death-destruction-terror-doom'?

All kidding aside, I think it would be cool for the cat to have a name related to how the Captain got Marlinspike. Like Red Rackham, or Unicorn, or heck, Francis.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!