Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin - does he own a gun?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

finlay
#21 · Posted: 3 Jan 2005 23:16
I have noticed that there's not really any deaths in Tintin, at least explicitly... I've wondered about that before...
admin
Administrator
#22 · Posted: 3 Jan 2005 23:55
finlay wrote: I have noticed that there's not really any deaths in Tintin, at least explicitly... I've wondered about that before...

Take a look at the "Lack of fatal violence in Tintin books" thread.
gnolles
#23 · Posted: 29 Jan 2005 14:38
I remember that in my childhood I liked "Rackham" more than other albums because NO gun was seen in 62 pages...
Then "Tibet" and the "Jewels" came...
Harrock n roll
#24 · Posted: 29 Jan 2005 15:09
gnolles recalled:
I remember that in my childhood I liked "Rackham" more than other albums because NO gun was seen in 62 pages...

But it would be more accurate to say that there were no villains in Rackham because there are a few episodes in the book which feature guns. When the crew first set foot on Sir Francis' island Haddock carries a rifle, later swiped by some monkeys. Also, Haddock fires at a shark which turns out to be the submarine - a very lucky escape for the professor!

I hate to be the spoiler of childhood memories but these are the facts!
rastapopoulos
#25 · Posted: 1 Feb 2005 11:59
But it would be more accurate to say that there were no villains in Rackham

How about the pirate battle scene? Lots of Guns and villianous buccaneers - thats if you side with Francis rather than Racham?

Edit (digging myself out of a hole) - sorry it was Secret of the Unicorn that the battle scence was it. - The Cat o' nine tails for me!!!
gnolles
#26 · Posted: 1 Feb 2005 14:13
Yes I used to be a naive child...
I grew up thank to Harrock n twist and Rastapopoulos
Thank you-z-guys!
snafu
#27 · Posted: 27 Feb 2005 19:49
You could also assume that a numer of people die in the train wreck in Lotus

I don't recall a train wreck anywhere in "The Blue Lotus". The only event that I know of is where there was a major incident involving railways (not even a train) was when Mitsuhirato and his gang plant explosives into the Shanghai-Nanking Railways as an excuse for an invasion (I learned about the actual incident that inspired Herge about 6 and a half years AFTER reading "The Blue Lotus"). Please correct me since I am hundreds of miles from my Tintin collection.

I do know that there was a train bomb in "Tintin in the Land of the Soviets".

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!