Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Characters in movies reading Tintin

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

kirthiboy
#1 · Posted: 8 Dec 2004 21:24
Yesterday, I saw a bollywood Hindi movie "Kyaa Dil Ne Kahaa" where the lead actor Tushar Kapoor is reading "Tintin and the lake of sharks" when they show a flashback of his childhood.

And day before yesterday I saw a song from the bollywood hindi movie "Shararat" where "The Calculus Affair" is lying on the bed of one of the main characters and some Tintins lying on the shelf.

So how many hollywood or belgian or british movies have characters reading Tintin somewhere or the other? If anyone knows any, mention them here!!!
admin
Administrator
#2 · Posted: 8 Dec 2004 22:16
rastapopoulos
#3 · Posted: 9 Dec 2004 12:51
Not strictly movies but in Alex Garlands book (not the film) 'The Beach', the protagonist Richard refers to his tintin collection a few times. Also George Stobbart the main character in the computer game 'Broken Sword 3' comments about his Tintin collection too! Maybe Garland should be added to the famous fans, as well as the creators of the Broken Sword Trillogy.
finlay
#4 · Posted: 3 Jan 2005 23:12
Check out our Spot Tintin... in movies and tv programs list.
Surely Tintin has been seen in more than 3 places on TV or film...?
admin
Administrator
#5 · Posted: 4 Jan 2005 00:01
finlay wrote: Surely Tintin has been seen in more than 3 places on TV or film...?

You are probably right, finlay; please feel free to inform us if/when you see any more sightings! Thanks!
mizu for milou
#6 · Posted: 30 Sep 2005 15:04
I remember in the movie Kramer vs. Kramer, the father is reading tintin (I think it's Tintin in Tibet, but I'm not sure) to his son before bedtime
rodney
#7 · Posted: 14 Jul 2012 09:39
16 Jul 2012 21:26 - Merged topic:
TED Movie - Tintin Book Cameo!

Hey!

Just saw the recent TED movie starring Mark Walhberg (John) and a Tintin book makes an appearance!
In case you're not familiar with this movie, the plot revolves around a 35 yr old man who has a real life talking teddy bear as a friend. The bear magically came to life during John's childhood and they have been the best of friends ever since.
Mark's character is reading Destination Moon around 1/2 way thru the movie.
The book actually featured for a fair few seconds and fills up the whole screen, quite an impressive plug for Tintin!!
It's definitely not one of those blink and you'll miss it scenes..

I wonder if the writers simply placed the book into the movie off the back of the recent Tintin movie?
Or perhaps one of the writers was a Tintin fan?

The movie is pretty rude in some (all) scenes with a fair bit of swearing, not for the kids!!
tintinsgf
#8 · Posted: 14 Jul 2012 12:03
Interesting info, rodney! I suppose the Tintin book had an interesting reason behind its cameo, I wonder what the reason is :D.
SakuraT5
#9 · Posted: 17 Jul 2012 05:50
There's a Bengali movie, an old one by Satyajit Ray named 'Feluda' where the second lead reads 'Tintin in Tibet'
mahadea
#10 · Posted: 7 Dec 2016 01:28
I searched on the string Ted but didn't see any hits but if it's already been discussed my apologies.
I happened to watch the movie Ted starring Mark Wahlberg and an obnoxious Teddy bear. I was pleasantly surprised to see where the Wahlberg character was reading a Tintin comic in his motel room before the bear starts whaling away with the television antenna.
I wonder if Seth McFarlane is a Tintin fan.

Moderator Note: Yes, it had been mentioned before (don't know about just using "Ted" to search, but if you'd added, or tried a search on, "Wahlberg"too... ;-) ), so your post has been moved here.)
The Tidy Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!