Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Rampokan Java & Rampokan Celebes

surjorimba
#1 · Posted: 17 Jan 2005 02:22
Does anybody know about Rampokan Java and Rampokan Celebes? These two comic books were made by Peter van Dongen. So far it's in Dutch (although I have them, I'm eager to wait for English translation) and it's heavily influenced by Herge.

Since the story event took places in Java and Celebes islands in Indonesia, I'm very keen to interview Mr. van Dongen. If any of you know how/ where to contact him, please let me know.

thx
Suryo
Indonesia
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 17 Jan 2005 08:29
You should try writing to him c/o the publisher - I'm sure they'd pass it on.

Rampokan looks very interesting although I'd like to see an English translation before buying it.
surjorimba
#3 · Posted: 19 Jan 2005 06:20
Thx. Actually I did contact them. It seemed it'll took awhile waiting for response. I found many sites with Rampokan info. I'm still translating them into English using online-dictionary.
cuthbert
#4 · Posted: 25 Jan 2005 14:35
I live in Haarlem, the Netherlands and so does mr. Van Dongen I believe. I met him on several occasions and had my copies signed ;), he's quite a nice guy... I'm sure if you get his adress he'll write back!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!