Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favourite/ Least Favourite Tintin Moment?

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Karaboudjan
#21 · Posted: 6 Jan 2005 13:07
That did seem a moment of sweet justice, although I spent most of that book hooting with laughter at that outfit Rastapopoulos is wearing.

Pink just isn't his colour!
mitsuhirato
#22 · Posted: 7 Jan 2005 00:28
My favorite and least favorite scenes (in no particular order)

1. Thompsons' arrival in Hukow (Blue Lotus)
2. Syldavian mountain chase (King Ottokar's Sceptre)
3. Haddock attacking Berbers (Crab With The Golden Claws)
4. Carnival (Picaros)
5. Rastapopoulos being unable to crush spider (Flight 714)
6. Mental Asylum (Cigars of the Pharaoh)
7. Meteorite Experiences (Shooting Star)
8. Opera (Calculus Affair, Seven Crystal Balls)

1. Alien scene (Flight 714)
2. Jorgen breaking Snowy's leg (Explorers on the Moon)
3. Haddock strangling Tintin (Crab)
4. Castafiore yelling at everyone (Emerald)
Karaboudjan
#23 · Posted: 7 Jan 2005 10:11
I take it you didn't like too much of Castafiore Emerald, then?

Agreed on those other choices, though. The whole notion of aliens in the firmly reality-based Tintinverse is absurd; it undermines what could potentially have been a very good story. And Mik Kanrokitoff has the most irritating (and unrealistic) accent in canon.

My opinion of Jorgen's actions have already been made clear- I for one am amazed there hasn't been enormous outcry over this. Not only is it maltreatment of an animal, but most people's favourite (or 2nd favourite) character in the series. And it's probably why Jorgen is most people's least favourite enemy as well.

And yes. Although the ravages of alcohol were VERY well-portrayed in Crab, seeing the Captain strangle Tintin, to whom he is ever after affectionate, made me wince. Maybe it was just shock because I read the albums out of sync (Crab being one of the last ones I read).
Tintinrulz
#24 · Posted: 8 Jan 2005 01:43
Um, Hello! Jorgen's a bad guy! He's not meant to be treating Snowy nicely. Jorgen's made to be despised.
Harrock n roll
#25 · Posted: 8 Jan 2005 01:53
Karaboudjan said: The whole notion of aliens in the firmly reality-based Tintinverse is absurd; it undermines what could potentially have been a very good story.

I tend to think of the Tintinverse more as loosely reality-based. And I'm more agnostic about the notion of aliens - I mean can you prove they don't - in reality - exist?
Karaboudjan
#26 · Posted: 8 Jan 2005 11:10
True, Tintinrulz. And Rastapopoulos wanted him shot in Flight 714, too...

It would seem that bad guys just don't appreciate pets the way we do. Even the super-selfish Emir is dappy over his pet leopard.
harishankar
#27 · Posted: 10 Jan 2005 10:52
My least favourite Tintin moment was:

Tintin in "Blue Lotus" when he's paraded by the Japanese. Surely one of the worst moments.

I cannot pinpoint any one favourite sequence. There are a lot.
tonicWater
#28 · Posted: 19 Jan 2005 17:14
personally, i think te entire series is my fav moment! hawever there are some very minor things in a few of the books that annoy the hell out of me.
1. Explorers on the Moon(pg.25) when tintin says"This is it! . . . I've walked a few steps! . . . For the first time in the history of mankind there is an EXPLORER ON THE MOON!" and he is like 300 yards away from the ladder . i know that on teh moon when you jump you go really far but he said i've WALKED
2. Prisoners of the Sun(pg.22)tintin says "Come on, we've wasted enought time. . . . Are we ready, er . . . ? Look, we don't even know your name . . ." i think that was pretty rude on tintins part

of course going back to my FAVE faves there are way too many to list them all :)
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#29 · Posted: 19 Jan 2005 22:08
Prisoners of the Sun(pg.22)tintin says "Come on, we've wasted enought time. . . . Are we ready, er . . . ? Look, we don't even know your name . . ." i think that was pretty rude on tintins part

Now you've pointed it out, I think this probably made more sense in the original serialisation, which included a now-deleted scene just before this in which Tintin and Haddock are threatened by the Inca who gave Tintin the talisman a few pages before. Now that the scene has been suppressed, there is less of an impression that time has been "wasted".

N.B. - this was also the scene in which Haddock's infamous "clysopump" expletive was used...

Ed
Mull Pascha
#30 · Posted: 4 Feb 2005 11:45
This was a hard question. My favorite moments probably are:

Flight 714: When Rastapopoulos and Carreidas fights about the title of "The genius of Evil"

Black Gold: When Müller tries to commit suicide with Abdullah's ink gun (I just love the expression on Müller's face:).

Ottokar: Tintin's first meating with Castafiore.

Blue Lotus: When Tintin disguises himself as the japanese general. Using Snowy as a fake stomach.

Explorer of the Moon: The "Whisky stop fooling about" moment with Captain Haddock.

Crystal Balls: When Rascar Capac enters the room of Tintin and throws a crystal ball at the floor.

Blue Lotus: When Rastapopoulos explains his master-plan to Tintin (hey, when I read that album as a five year old I couldn't for the life of me guess that the man who helped Tintin in Cigars turned out to be a villain!)

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!