Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Black Island: Brick column changing colour?

Dark Gallon
#1 · Posted: 26 Jan 2005 20:28
A little error that I noticed today.

Look at the column where Dr. J. W. Müller is written, in the last frame of the 13th page. It's pink. Then, see it on the 6th frame of the 23th page. Now it's grey!

Lots of people probably have seen this, but never mind.

A hug!
maximus
#2 · Posted: 27 Jan 2005 04:19
Hi Dark Gallon,

In the print I have, in both the pages, the color of the name plate is some what golden (as seen in real name plates). May be, the publishers noticed the error you quoted and changed it :-).

Cheers,
Maximus
jock123
#3 · Posted: 27 Jan 2005 08:33
My copy has the plate in the expected "golden" colour too. I'm looking at a fairly recent Egmont English-language version (2003 edition, second printing, bought last year): which edition do you have, Dark Gallon? As Maximus says, perhaps it is an error which has been corrected, or maybe just a flaw in your book?

Unfortunately these things do happen, and it is more likely to be a curiosity than a valuable collectors item as a result!

It's ironic that it is Black Island that it is in, because the first colour edition had many corrections made to the colouring when they came to do the facsimile, because over the years the printing plates had become worn with use, and they no longer registered properly.
MoonRocket
#4 · Posted: 27 Jan 2005 17:23
I believe that Dark Gallon is referring to the BRICK column, not the nameplate itself. The brick column does indeed change colors.
jock123
#5 · Posted: 27 Jan 2005 18:30
Ah, I see what you mean! D'oh, I missed that the first time I looked! Couldn't see the column for the name-plate! Well spotted, Dark Gallon, and well re-spotted, MoonRocket!

Perhaps it is meant to indicate a different time of day – the second time is just befor the onset of night, and may be the column in the early twilight? Or perhaps it is just an error!
OJG
#6 · Posted: 28 Jan 2005 12:58
Maybe there was more than one entrance? Long shot, I know!
Rocky
#7 · Posted: 28 Jan 2005 23:08
I'm sure it's the same entrance, judging by the detail around the column. It seems to be an error, albeit a minor one, as the wall next to the column is the right colour. The 1943 colour version does not have this error (well the facsimile doesn't anyway).

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!