Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favourite Tintin character

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

MoonRocket
#21 · Posted: 5 Jan 2005 20:40
Hmm... It's probably a toss-up between Tintin and the Captain, they both have qualities that I like a lot. The Thompsons are my other favorite characters because they are so hilariously stupid (yet have their rare intelligent sparks now and then...)!

My favorite bad guy is by far Allan...
JuvenileTintinFan
#22 · Posted: 19 Jan 2005 06:56
I absolutely love Tintin himself! He's so conservative, understanding, skilled in all areas, noble...in fact, I had a crush on him when I was twelve!
mitsuhirato
#23 · Posted: 21 Jan 2005 21:48
Looking back now, I think I like pretty much all the characters, but my favorite would be a tie between Tintin, Snowy, and the Thompsons. The latter for the obvious reason, and Tintin simply for being Tintin, as JuvenileTintinFan said above. When I first encountered Tintin as a young child, he was my hero. He did everything I aspired to, and yet remained very protagonistic and moral. I also found him more convincing and likeable than a lot of other comic heroes all my classmates adored. I list Snowy as well, unlike many others, not only because he is so cute, but when I first came across the series, the idea of personification in animal characters was completely new to me.
Mull Pascha
#24 · Posted: 4 Feb 2005 11:35
My Top Ten

1. Captain Archibald Haddock!
Unodubtedly Haddock's the best character ever. He drinks and curses alot but he is still a nice man, and let's not forget that he is very generous. He allows Tintin and any other of his friends to stay at Marlinspike as long as they want.

2. Tintin
Do I need to write a comment?

3. Cutbert Calculus
Everyone's favorite "mad scientist". He was quite annoying in "Red Rackham's Treasure" but I loved him in the other books.

4. Dr. Müller
Müller is the best Tintin villain. Smart, ruthless and not afraid to get his hands dirty. What's better he is never made into a buffoon like Rastapopoulos.

5. Snowy
He's Snowy, enough said.

6. Rastapopoulos
I'll never learn how to spell his name. Great villain, although not as great as the doctor.

7. Emir Ben Kalish Ezab and Abdullah
They have the ultimate father-son relationship. I loved the fact that the Emir get's infuriated as soon as he, himself is the victim of one of Abdullah's pranks.

8. Senor Oliviera da Figueira
The man who sells everything. Don't know how to spell his last name either.

9. The Thom(p)sons
They are just hilarious.

10. Castafiore
Someday I want to marry a woman like her. Or maybe not.
Mull Pascha
#25 · Posted: 7 Feb 2005 08:43
I want to Edit my post but when I can't, it says access denied. What shall I do?
jock123
#26 · Posted: 7 Feb 2005 09:30
See the section on editing in the user guide. My guess is that you have let 48hrs elapse.

Looks like you are stuck pledging your love to the Milanese Nightingale!
Mull Pascha
#27 · Posted: 7 Feb 2005 10:43
Looks like you are stuck pledging your love to the Milanese Nightingale!

No, that's not the problem but I wanted to replace Müller with Sponz or Mitsuhirato, actually.
jock123
#28 · Posted: 7 Feb 2005 11:45
Mull Pascha
I wanted to replace Müller with Sponz or Mitsuhirato

That's quite a turnaround! In the list you say:

Müller is THE best Tintin villain

What's happened to change your mind so radically that you'd place either of the other two villains you mention above him?
Mull Pascha
#29 · Posted: 7 Feb 2005 12:40
The two others forced me to.

BTW, what kind of a stupid rule is it that you can't edit posts after 48 hours?

Moderator Note: Combined consecutive posts.
jock123
#30 · Posted: 7 Feb 2005 12:59
Mull Pascha
BTW, what kind of a stupid rule is it that you can't edit posts after 48 hours?

Well, you may think that it's stupid, but there is a full explanation from Admin in the user's guide, which I suggested you read above.

Basically, editing is there to allow you to perform quick fixes on spelling, punctuation, clarity etc.; it also removes the need to make consecutive posts - if you have an additional point to make, or an afterthought, you can go back in and add it as an edit.
However, once people start commenting on your post, or making their own points after you, it would be too confusing if you then were able to go back and made a change which negated something another member said.

At that point, it makes more sense just to make a further post.

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!