Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin et Moi: Touring the UK 2005

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#1 · Posted: 8 Feb 2005 10:23
The film "Tintin et Moi" is currently touring selected cinemas in the UK as part of the Sheffield Documentary Festival.

20 Feb 2005
Duke of York's
Brighton

22 Feb 2005
Edinburgh Filmhouse
Edinburgh

23 Feb 2005
Edinburgh Filmhouse
Edinburgh

28 Feb 2005
National Museum of Photography, Film & TV
Bradford

29 Feb 2005
National Museum of Photography, Film & TV
Bradford

08 Mar 2005
Glasgow Film Theatre
Glasgow

20 Mar 2005
Arts Picture House
Cambridge

Ed
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 8 Feb 2005 20:21
Sounds good, to bad there are none that are anywhere near me, closest is about a 2 hours away.

Will it be appearing in Sheffield at all?

Still I have the DVD :)

Rik
OJG
#3 · Posted: 8 Feb 2005 21:00
I'm still waiting for it to come on the telly so I can tape it and have it myself!!
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 9 Feb 2005 21:56
Seems the sort of thing they'd show on TV only on a Tintin themed night which since its now the 76th Anniversary I don't think we'll be seeing any time soon.

Rik
Harrock n roll
#5 · Posted: 10 Feb 2005 10:23
Doh, I just realised that it was shown in London last Saturday (5th of Feb) at the National Film Theatre as part of a ‘Sheffield International Documentary Festival on Tour’ season. Pity, I would've liked to have seen it on the big screen...
jock123
#6 · Posted: 10 Feb 2005 10:38
There’s some sort of universal law that governs the ratio of how badly you wanted to see something to how quickly you find out you missed it; the NFT seems to have a special affinity to this - I constantly find out after the fact about what I wanted to see...

It is a partner to the law that says the minute you buy a DVD or video, the film will appear on TV for free - the more you paid, the sooner it will be on...

To those who haven’t yet managed to see the documentary, it is well worth getting along to it if you can, for a rare chance to see Hergé, and hear his own words...
Harrock n roll
#7 · Posted: 10 Feb 2005 11:08
Hmmm, further research has revealed that it's supposed to be shown at the Ritzy Cinema in London (Brixton), but there are no dates listed after 20th of March at the ‘Sheffield International Documentary Festival on Tour’ website. Apparently the festival runs until the 29th of March so it's likely there are some more screenings which are still unlisted...
OJG
#8 · Posted: 10 Feb 2005 13:22
Seems the sort of thing they'd show on TV only on a Tintin themed night which since its now the 76th Anniversary I don't think we'll be seeing any time soon.

There's a thought! BBC2 used to (and I think still does) themed nights. I remember Star Trek Night and Red Dwarf night and a whole host of other stuff. Why not a Tintin night? It would probably cater for a minority audience, but so does two thirds of BBC2's evening programs, particularly at weekends.

Channel 4 has started doing themed-schedules for evenings too. Let's hope!!
jockosjungle
#9 · Posted: 10 Feb 2005 16:51
Thinking about it, it well sounds like something they would put on BBC3, minority audience with limited widespread appeal. Look out for it

Rik
jock123
#10 · Posted: 10 Feb 2005 17:07
jockosjungle
Thinking about it, it well sounds like something they would put on BBC3, minority audience with limited widespread appeal. Look out for it
Too cerebral for BBC3, which is not the preserve of the intellectual documentary if what I have seen on it is anything to go by; now BBC4, that’s a natural home - it shows foreign language films, and wasn’t averse to showing Belleville Rendez-Vous. I vote for an evening comprising the BelVision cartoons, the BelVision documentary Belvision : la mine d'or au bout du couloir, the Thematique Tintin series, perhaps Moi, Tintin, and then Tintin et Moi as the high-light of the evening...

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!