Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favourite Tintin character

Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

aquarist
#1 · Posted: 14 Apr 2004 14:14
Hi Everyone

Many people may think my favourite character is Tintin, but it's not! It's the Thompsons!

I like them because they are very funny, for instance they are rather impulsive which results in them doing silly things like falling down stairs, damaging their hats or tripping over wires. However, they are still known as the world's greatest detectives who assist Tintin in his missons - at least in The Adventures of Tintin.

So guys, what's yours favorite character(s)?

Cheers!:-)
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 15 Apr 2004 12:14
Hi,

My favourite Tintin character is um... Tintin!

I love his hairstyle, his clothing style, his independence, his ability to drive varied vehicles and have a gun license, have adventures the world over and catch dangerous criminals.

Also he is a great detective/explorer, tremendously polite, and all the gangsters don't think of him as a kid. And other stuff....
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#3 · Posted: 16 Apr 2004 02:06
Who says Tintin has a gun license? ;D

My favourite character could be Captain Haddock...or...hmm...dunno.

Probably Haddock. :)

Paul
vishnutintin
#4 · Posted: 18 Apr 2004 10:58
Mine is Tintin himself!! I love his intelligence, smart looks, streetwise attitude, good traits, practise of yoga and totally everything about him!

It makes me proud to be a Tintinologist.

Nice choice Zeng Jie! And Mr.Paul too!
tintin4ever
#5 · Posted: 22 Apr 2004 01:23
I love Snowy too!! He is brave, smart, funny and down to earth. More importantly, no matter how much the angel and the evil argue in his head, he can (almost) always make the right choice. Nobody has been through as much with Tintin as Snowy. His loyalty to Tintin is incomparable. Because of Snowy, I think I will get a white fox-terrier in the future.

I also enjoy every presence of Captain Haddock. He always cracks me up. :)

Who else?

Holly
theone
#6 · Posted: 23 Apr 2004 01:40
Hi...new member =)

I like the Captain...he's just a likeable guy for some reason. And Tintin, of course
Blunderbuss
#7 · Posted: 29 Apr 2004 22:50
I think Captain Haddock, several reasons:

- He's prone to getting irritated by things and this often makes for very funny running jokes. One of my favourites is in 'The Calculus Affair', where he can't get rid of a sticking plaster, it's a nice running visual gag Herge goes for.

- He often says he's dead against going somewhere, but he just can't resist following Tintin on another adventure, or he feels he has to look after him.

- His insults and curses - how often he turns perfectly ordinary words into insults or curses just by screaming them at someone or something. Also the silly phrases like 'sea gherkins', 'two-faced troglodytes', and of course 'Ten Thousand Thundering Typhoons!'
GurraJG
#8 · Posted: 2 May 2004 19:38
Hi...new member =)

Same here. Anyway, I like Captain Archibald Haddock for several reasons:

- He provides the sometimes needed comedy. I mean, lets face it, without him, Tintin would not be as fun to read.

- His "colorful expresions" as I like to call them. My favorites include: Bomber och Granater, Anfäkta och Anamma (both Swedish), [Ten Thousand] Thundering Typhoons, [Billions of Blue] Blistering Barnacles, Fancy-Dress Facist (Tintin and the Picaros, page 8, last frame).
Red_Rackham
#9 · Posted: 5 Jun 2004 02:39
I'm a new member too (=

I would say: Haddock, closely followed by Calculus.

My favourite Haddock line is in Picaros on Page 10 when he has been accused of backing down against Tapioca and he says "Dictatoral Duck-Billed Diplodocus!"

One of my favourite Calulus momments is on the same page, when Haddock is telling him there's no way they are going to walk into the trap Tapioca is setting for them and Calculus walks off saying "Bravo! Well spoken! I'll pack my things and we'll go!", leaving Haddock in despair.

I also like Castafiore and Sophocles Sarcophagus (is that right?). He's in Cigars of the Pharaoh.
tintin_fanatic
#10 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 09:23
My favourite character definitely has to be Captain Haddock, he's a great character who blends and fits into the story well and certainly does add that touch of humour to the Tintin series.

I also admire Professor Calculus! He's a real goofball and always takes everything in the wrong way (due to his hearing problems)!

Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!