Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin DVD boxset: Region 1

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

jockosjungle
#1 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 03:13
Just typed Tintin into the DVD Soon website and it came up with this
http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-details.xml?uid=136882

Now this could be a complete set of the Ellipse Nevada series, it says the release year was 1990 which makes sense.

However if you check this link...
http://www.dvdsoon.com/search-results.xml?title=tintin&query-id=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dvdsoon.com%2Fqueri es%2Ftitle-lookup&order=distance

It has various Tintin double DVD sets released the same day, all appearing in French.

This could just be a boxset of the double header releases. They may not even be in English and DVDSoon is the only company I can find offering the new Tintin releases.

Hope this helps someone, can anyone shed any light or want to hazard a guess?

Rik
massive
#2 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 16:37
do we know if the box set will be availible at say Future shop(Canada) or Virgen?
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 22:00
I imagine that other shops will get them as well, and other e-tailers will start to show them online soon
Rik
--
UPDATE Posted: Feb 21, 2005 13:18:04
This has not shown up on any other website but DVD Soon, it's either a very limited release or others haven't put it up for preorder yet.nyone gonna pick this up? Might have to take a stab at purchasing one to see what it's like if not.
I'm a DVD Soon member and at the moment I get a 20% discount and free shipping
Rik
--
[Two consecutive posts combined by Moderator (marsbar)]
jawman2
#4 · Posted: 1 Mar 2005 18:09
If you search ebay, a merchant has the boxed set for pre-auction; to be released by Univ. studios, canada on apr,5; it says it is region 1 and in english.
jockosjungle
#5 · Posted: 2 Mar 2005 08:56
I ordered the Moon adventure DVD from DVD Soon, just to take a look at it and post my comments.

Rik
KorovaMilkBar
#6 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 03:26
its also at dvdboxoffice.com
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 13:57
Not up at DVD Import yet or amazon.ca, have a single disk on order but i want to see a picture
Rik
namrog
#8 · Posted: 17 Mar 2005 18:11
Reading the list of episodes this is only half of them, so this must be 1-5 of a ten disc set. Therefore, this is not like the HMV release that had all of them on five discs.
jockosjungle
#9 · Posted: 25 Mar 2005 15:12
Bumping this to the top as artwork for the boxset only is up at Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007PBWGY/qid=1111763133/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/702-1261548-4385 621

Have to admit it's a nicer boxset than the R2 equivalent.

Sadly it looks like it may be a French release only with no English Soundtrack. I'll let you know when i recieve one of the DVD

Rik
Thierry
#10 · Posted: 25 Mar 2005 15:53
Hello Everybody, I'm new in this site. Tintin is my favorite Comic character and I just started to "reread" the series (in french) last month. I just started "Tintin au pays de l'or noir".

JockosJungle,

I follow your link and they are mentionning the name of the English/American voice in the cast section of the article.

I also check Universal web site but found nothing there.

I would like to buy this box but I want to have it like one of the DVD I got from France. Two episode per DVD, French/English/Spanish sound track and French/English/Spanish/Portuguese subtitles.

Well will see
Thierry

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!