Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Bianca Castafiore: "The Jewel Song" from "Faust"

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Ranko
#1 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 10:31
Being a rock 'n' roll type of guy, I've always had an opinion of how The Jewel Song should sound. Very rhythmical with kind of a 4/4 beat to it!! (I know, totally wrong!)

Does anyone know where I can hear a version of it - without buying anything of course!

BTW. Any other musicians out there in our fine forum? I play drums, guitar and bass. (I'm sure we've got a Wagner-type pianist)

TIA
Ranko.
admin
Administrator
#2 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 10:58
Ranko:
Does anyone know where I can hear a version of it

Courtesy of the Michigan State University Libraries' Vincent Voice Library, a 1903 recording: Suzanne Adams sings the Jewel Song from Faust.
A reminder to all forum users, we do not allow linking to illegal downloads of copyrighted material that should be purchased. The mp3 available from MSU's Vincent Voice Library belongs to the public domain, so we can link to it with no worries!
Ranko
#3 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 12:08
Thanks for the link!
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#4 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 12:12
Probably the most "Castafiore-esque" version I've heard is from the recently-deceased Victoria de los Angeles, but I'm not sure where you could find it.

As for musicians, I play piano/keyboards, guitar and bass, and write songs in my spare time - I wonder if there are enough of us to start a band?

Ed
Ranko
#5 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 12:22
Not a bad idea, Ed. Geographical locations could be a rehearsal nightmare though :-) Where are you? I'm in the UK.

Thanks for your info as well.
jock123
#6 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 12:35
Hmmm... the thought of there being a transcription of the Jewel Song with chord charts, arranged for drum, guitar and piano...

...Garen plays banjo, and I play banjo a bit (sadly the fifth-sting peg is bust so I’m somewhat limited in what I can do with it), so I’m sure we could help out if TAB is available too...
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#7 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 13:44
I'm in the UK too, based in Kent but currently in Devon.

Doesn't Garen play bass too, I remember reading somewhere...? I know Chris Owens (Harrock n' Roll) does as well.

For starters we could perhaps try the theme from the Ellipse/Nelvana series?

Ed
Ranko
#8 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 15:16
Well I'm in Hampshire, so maybe....

I'll have a look about transcription wise.

Paul.
MoonRocket
#9 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 16:07
Listening to the song was awesome. I should have known, but I had no idea it was real.

As for musicians, I play the cello...
Ranko
#10 · Posted: 12 Feb 2005 17:03
HA HA HA HA HA!!!

I've just listened to the song.

I completely understand Haddocks phrase "Powerful stuff...She reminds me of a hurricane that hit my ship once"

Not my cup of tea, but...phew!

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!