Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Rights to Tintin material in Sweden

Seger
#1 · Posted: 17 Feb 2005 19:14
In Sweden everybody has to do a big project in the end of the third year of high school. I am doing mine about Tintin; how historical events affected the stories and how they are portrayed.
I am going to do a homepage but I am not too sure about who to ask if I want to use scanned pictures from the books on the homepage. Those are needed in many cases, like explaining how the uniform of Boris resembles the one of an SS-officer, etc.

So my question is who to ask about this.

Thank you / Erik
jock123
#2 · Posted: 18 Feb 2005 11:24
Hi Seger - welcome to the board!

I’d ask your teacher, if I were you; rules governing copyright material are complicated, but in most places you have a right to “fair usage” for educational study and review purposes. If your teacher has set the project, they should have an idea of what constitutes fair use.

There have been several threads covering the topic of copyright on this site, which you might like to read, but I’d advise you that a lot of it is theoretical, and you cannot hold the site responsible if the information is wrong.

Good luck with the project!
Seger
#3 · Posted: 18 Feb 2005 15:45
Thanks for the respond. I will try to investigate further.
GurraJG
#4 · Posted: 18 Feb 2005 18:48
Hej och välkommen.

I really doubt anything bad will happen, but ask your teacher to make sure. If you really want to make sure, try contacting Bonniers, the Swedish publisher.

Igen, välkommen till forumet,
Gustav

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!