Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

The One Hundred Greatest Cartoons

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

jock123
#31 · Posted: 19 Jan 2005 00:05
“Ghost in the Shell” I thought was beautifully done, with fantastic art and animation and an incredible sound-track; “Akira” I can admire as a genre-defining work, and it has a fantastic sense of scale, with the breath-taking motor-cycle chase/ fight being a stand-out.

It was actually the car sequence in “Spirited Away” which I thought stood out like a sore thumb - the first time you see the pot-bellied idol thing is horrible to my eye...

...but I am glad that it has provided so much enjoyment for so many other people.
JuvenileTintinFan
#32 · Posted: 19 Jan 2005 07:14
As books, yes, but the animated series is - to me - okay, but not really great.

Well, duh! But don't you think that if people watch Tintin cartoons they would be inspired to read the books? That's the case with me.
Anyway, the cartoon series is for young viewers, not exactly for adults, so of course they had to simplify the story a bit.
surjorimba
#33 · Posted: 20 Jan 2005 00:17
Although the animation series might be so-so for adults, my daughters are excited with Tintin animation. Yes, I agree with you the series would inspired our next generation. My daughters love Explorers and Destination Moon!
Madamluna
#34 · Posted: 20 Feb 2005 11:51
How can they have such good taste as to include Inspector Gadget, Belleville Rendezvous, Felix the Cat, Wacky Racers and Nightmare Before Christmas and skimp on one of the only contemporary gems I can think of, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends? Ah well. The fact that they even included Tintin, Asterix, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Babar more than makes up for it.

I never saw the Animal Farm cartoon that they're mentioning. Hmm. Maybe I ought to, I love Orwell.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#35 · Posted: 20 Feb 2005 12:55
The Animal Farm cartoon is really good, a masterpiece of British cinema, in my opinion, produced by 'Halas & Bachelor'. I believe it was the first animated feature film to be made in Britain.
jock123
#36 · Posted: 20 Feb 2005 13:03
Madamluna said:
one of the only contemporary gems I can think of, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends?

Perhaps it has never been shown in the UK – personally, I have never heard of it. What’s it like?
Madamluna
#37 · Posted: 20 Feb 2005 17:02
Perhaps it has never been shown in the UK – personally, I have never heard of it. What’s it like?

Ah, of course. In my original post I wrote that in but I must have forgotten it after I rewrote it.

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is a show done by the creator of Samurai Jack on Cartoon Network. It's about a world where imaginary friends have physical form, characteristics and personalities, and sometimes are given up by their creators. These abandoned friends are placed in the care of Madame Foster and her granddaughter Frankie at the Home for Imaginary Friends, where they get into adventures and whatnot.

The art style is gorgeous, absolutely amazing, very reminescent of the old sixties cartoons like Gay Purree. The characters move very fluidly, the script is filled with tongue-in-cheek references and jokes, and the musical score is also great fun to listen to (I'm especially a fan of the Yakety Sax remix of the main theme in one of the episodes).
Richard
UK Correspondent
#38 · Posted: 22 Feb 2005 18:12
"The One Hundred Greatest Cartoons" will be screened on Channel 4 in the UK this Sunday (27th February) at 8pm.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#39 · Posted: 22 Feb 2005 18:54
Great ! Looking forward to it !
rastapopoulos
#40 · Posted: 28 Feb 2005 09:39
So it came and went. Tintin's 15 second slot just managed to convince the UK that Tintin is in a fact an arayan Nazi. Well done guys. If thats all can be said about Tintin, a media titilation on Tintin's Nazi past then what a waste of time. At least he wasn't accused of being gay like a lot of the other cartoons on the program, He-Man being one of them. Gladly it shows that Tintin isnt just singled out, and that most people have a dirty mind when it comes to chartoon characters. Seems like they are the ones with the problems.
4 hours of rubbish. I would have rather watched the 1 hour of clips, and not the 3 hours of stupid D list celebrities talk s**t.

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!