Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: The villains' lairs he visits

Mull Pascha
#1 · Posted: 4 Feb 2005 21:27
How many lairs/ HQ's do the villains in Tintin have?

I've encountered the following:

1. Cigars of the Pharaoh - Underground lair, meeting place for Rastapopoulos's gang.

2. The Blue Lotus -Opium den, meeting place for Rastapopoulos's gang.

3. The Black Island - The Castle, meeting place for Müller and the rest of the counterfeiting bandits.

4. The Crab with The Golden Claws - Omar Ben Salaad's house, meeting place for Salaad's gang.

5. The Secret of 'The Unicorn' - Marlinspike, when it belonged to the two brothers.

6. Prisoners of the Sun - The Inca Hideout, well The Inca tried to kill Tintin, The Captain and Zorrino but was he really a villain? Ah, what the heck.

7. Land of Black Gold - Müller's Palace,meeting place for his gang.

8. The Red Sea Sharks - Sheherazade, Rastapopoulos's ship.

9. Flight 714 to Sidney - The Island, HQ for Rastapopoulos's gang.

That's all I could remember.

So, what do you think?
MoonRocket
#2 · Posted: 4 Feb 2005 22:34
There are several in Tintin in America.

There's the place in the first few pages where Al Capone and his gang have as a hideout, then there's the place where Bobby Smiles hangs out (in Chicago), plus his little cabin out west.
There's also that totally un-Chicago-like castle where all the bad guys are (Bugsy etc), and that meeting hall we see near the end.
Ranko
#3 · Posted: 5 Feb 2005 11:26
There's one in King Ottokar's Sceptre - he Klow restaurant at the beginning, where the gangsters are plotting their overthrow of King Muskar XII.
rastapopoulos
#4 · Posted: 5 Feb 2005 14:42
How about the ghost house which is the entrance to the Commies' secret base in Land of the Soviets?
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#5 · Posted: 20 Feb 2005 20:56
In Tintin and Alph-Art - the home of Endaddine Akass on the Isle of Ischia, Italy.
jockosjungle
#6 · Posted: 20 Feb 2005 21:41
In the Moon series there are those two guys sitting at a radio, I'd class that as a HQ

Rik
snafu
#7 · Posted: 21 Feb 2005 04:22
Other hideouts

Also in "The Black Island": Muller's mansion

In "King Ottokar's Sceptre" there is also a place where members of the subversive group (ZZRK--please correct me) are on the phone and try to prevent Tintin from getting things done...

"The Shooting Star": Bohlwinkle's business headquarters

Also in "The Red Sea Sharks" there is Dawson in his office trying to prevent Tintin from heading to Khemed...

In "Tintin and the Picaros" there is that command office where they spy on Tintin and his friends...
snowybella
#8 · Posted: 16 Apr 2017 12:56
"Tintin in the land of the Soviets": On page 124, there is the house that Vladmir and the other person try to force Tintin to join the Ogpu.

"Tintin in the Congo": The hut where the gangsters meet (page thirty-four, perhaps).

"Broken Ear": The cabin where Ramon and Alonso try to force Tintin to tell where the Arumbaya Fetish is (page thirty-one, or the middle of the book. Not sure though).

"Calculus Affair": The palace in Borduria where Calculus is kept prisoner (page fourty-one, I think).
mct16
#9 · Posted: 16 Apr 2017 13:34
snowybella:
"Calculus Affair": The palace in Borduria where Calculus is kept prisoner

The fortress of Bakhine strikes me as more of a prison than a palace. We may not get to see if Calculus stays in a luxury chamber or a prison cell but I would opt for the latter.

Some may not consider it canon, but there is also Rastapopoulos' underwater base in "Lake of Sharks".

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!